Thursday, January 27, 2011

Winter of my discontent

Lu looking like a garden gnome
*284*

  It is snowing, again! And not just a little bit..a shit load..again! I had to push the front screen door hard because it was the snow was drifted up against it. More shoveling for me today. Joy! I figured a goofy picture of my maltipoo, Lu, would give you a smile. She is a goofy girl and I love her to bits. We do not know exactly how old she is. Last year the vet guesstimated about 2 years old. So this March I will say she is 3. Because that is when she came into our home. She hates the snow. She screams when her feet touch it. I have newspapers down for her and Perla (our chi) to go potty on. That means that I am ruled by dogs. And I really do not care.
  Yesterday I was so hungry that I wanted to eat some carbs! I over ate some peanuts in the jar instead. My sugar was 125 this morning. Not awful by MY standards but higher then it has been. I need to keep on top of my food. I had not eaten lunch so I paid the price of hunger.
 I started reading Atkins.com because I wanted to learn more about Low carb eating. It has helped me a lot there. Very much. I could say that I am following the Atkins plan but probably a morphed version. I mean, Christ...Fred and I are going to eat a decadent chocolate cake on Saturday for his birthday..that isn't low carb by any means. It is going to set us back 3 days (that is what the site said) but we do not care. We ordered it in advance before we did this and we are each going to have one big piece. Then back on the train! Can you tell that my brain is working better? Carbohydrate withdrawls are awful! You feel extra stupid! You are tired. Ugh! And I will have to go through it again after I eat the cake..but I do not care. It is Fred`s 45th birthday on Saturday and it is special! We will still not eat carbs for other meals though..we decided that. He wants chicken wings, Caesar salad (we do not get the croutons), and a veggie.
 I want to also say that I am feeling better. I not only feel better mentally but physically. I read that women seem to lose inches before they lose actual weight. The scale will take forever to dip but you will notice your pants fitting better. I am able to move around better. My feet do not hurt as much as they normally would. I have more energy during the day. The complex carbs were weighing me down. I have had a few people (strangers) tell me that it was dangerous. Do not do it! You NEED carbs to live. What they forget or do not know is that everything that comes from the ground is a carbohydrate. Apples, cucumbers, wheat grass, tomatoes, etc etc. So Fred and I are getting plenty of carbs from all the veggies we are eating. We have never had this much fiber in our lives! LOL So this way of eating is a good thing for us! Do not worry!
Just make the fucking snow stop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment