Friday, January 21, 2011

Bacon! Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!

*284* I actually lost weight!

This past week I had gained weight and I did not change the 283 cause I was just disgusted. But my body must have had to catch up to the exercise because I lost 4 lbs! My sugar this morning was 117. I had to put my glasses on cause I thought I was reading it wrong. ROFL It is never that low. That is a good thing.
For some reason, I have been getting a Reader`s Digest in the mail lately. Yesterday was my 3rd. Either someone sent it to me or I dont know. I never got any conformation that I was getting it as a gift. It just started showing up..and no bill.  So if you are out there..Thank you!!
Anyway, the front cover of the new issue is about how to really lose weight. Scientifically speaking the government has been lying to us all along. Most obese people are suffering from a hormonal problem not a intake of too much food problem. They said if you ask an obese person why they overeat, they do not have an answer. It is chemical. It is like they are addicted to the carb and sugar crap.  If they change their way of eating, the pounds could drop off.  I do want to want to talk about the entire article cause I need more coffee. Basically, you should be following the tried and true diabetic diet, Atkins diet, or the low carb diet. But the Dr  does not want you to call it a diet because it is not temporary. We should be eating like our ancestors did. They knew to avoid carbs on a daily. They ate meat when they could get it and lots of green leafy veggies. You know those greens you pass in the produce aisle? No not the lettuce. I am talking about the greens. Collards, Mustards, Kale, Swiss Chard, Dandelion, Broccoli Rabe, and the like. Those are what you should be eating. I do now because of my vegan daughter.

So Fred and I are going to embark on a food experiment. We will go week by week.
I have talked about this before but I never got so fired up about it like I am now. We are going to eat all LOW CARB. We will be the Anti-Vegan! Except we will be eating veggies. LOL

So here are the things we cannot have.
Potatoes, pastas, white rice, sugar, candy, sweets of any kind, fruits, fruit juices, oh and I forgot..no bread. No sugary drinks like soda, canned iced tea, Gatorade. Nope. Only diet flavored.
Here are the things we can have.
Beef, Pork, Poultry, fish, cheese, eggs, butter, oils, Non-Starchy Veggies, pickles, etc etc.  We can eat as much as we want. If I wanted to eat a half a chicken for dinner with a side of creamed spinach..go for it girlfriend!!
The sugar is going to be hard for me. I use one teaspoon of sugar in each cup of coffee I drink. Most days that is 2 teaspoons of sugar. I think I may let that be my cheat..for now.  Fred will probably cheat with his Gatorade.
That is basically it. I have a recipe for mashed cauliflower that tastes just like mashed potatoes. We can have spaghetti squash! LOL
I am going to try this because I want off of my insulin. If I can do that..I will be victorious.
I am wondering if Fred and I could eat some different gluten free pastas, if that would be okay. I will learn more on that.
Today I am making a big pot of French Onion soup. I have french bread to toast for floating but NO NO NO. We are not going to have that. Plenty of cheese instead!
This morning I am going to make bacon, grilled onions, cheese and eggs in a big ole messy scramble. Enough to fill us up!
Wish us luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment