Sunday, January 16, 2011

Doing good..after I saw myself in a dressing room mirror

*283*

I went for some retail therapy with the girls on Friday. We had been holed up in the house from the snow and icy roads..We needed deeply discounted winter stock to buy and it had to happen NOW! We had a good time and they both found some excellent deals. As we were in H&M, I happened to look over to my side and there it was. Me. I was reflected back at myself from a long distance of a long dressing room. I have let myself go so badly. I looked away because it shocked me, bothered me, and actually made me want to cry a little bit.
I have sworn off most complex carbs at that moment. I realized afterward that I cannot do that all together. It is about portion control and exercise. But I was going to do my hardest to make these pounds drop. This started Friday night and has continued. Last night for dinner was cheese burgers. I had already planned these ahead of time. I had a cheese burger with cheddar, a slice of bacon and grilled onions. No bun. I chopped up my burger and put it in a salad with a tablespoon of Caesar salad dressing. I had a cup of nachos with salsa on the side. That was dinner.
For breakfast this morning, I had 2 small pancakes with maple syrup, one egg, and 2 slices of bacon. I had a HUGE glass of tomato juice with it. I had to pick Nat up at a sleepover and she had not eaten so we stopped at a nice Sunday breakfast place.
 I am making a change and I am going to try very hard to stick to it. Lots more veggies and protein.
Oh do you want to see our icicles??

Isn't that cool? The snow and ice have been sliding off the house this morning so I had to do this early. I hurried so i would not get caught in a landslide. That is Chelsea`s bedroom window.  All the houses around look just like this. I have had icicles before but not to this extreme! LOL And that is with a new roof. Imagine someone with a bad one.

Okay, I need to go. Part of my retail therapy involved buying new curtains for the living room. I am going to  hang them. Then I am going to finish the Member of the Month article for the Gazette. I also want to try to work on the Arthur porch again. Damn porch is bugging me!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment