Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SNOWBOUND!

*284*

I guess we know how I am going to lose my weight this year. Shoveling! And I will be doing most of it apparently. Fred has not shoveled once yet this year. I am conditioned for it already. I do not want him to hurt himself. So I will do it...
Still in my jammies so I will take more pictures later on. My favorite tall ornamental bush is totally flopped over from the snow. I have to rescue it later. I will be so sad if it dies. I have had it since I started gardening here. And I don't ever remember what it is called.
My hips were so sore yesterday from the gym on Monday. OMG! I have to do it only every other day for awhile. Maybe. I think. I want to do it everyday so I think I will stick with that. Except during major weather events like colossal snow!
I was around for the Blizzard of 1978 here in New England. I was in elementary school but I do remember it.
We went to school that day. Then they ended school early. I stepped outside and all I saw was white out. I had never seen anything like that before. It was sooo cool. I was going to start walking cause my Mom was not there (she did not drive). But my friend`s Mom offered me a ride. I got home and about 10 minutes later my Dad came into the house pissed off at me. He worked at Electric Boat and they shut down the yard. He made it over the bridge and came to school to get me. I was not there so he freaked out. I can understand now as a parent. Back then I thought he was just plain mean.
How was I supposed to know that this was a MAJOR storm?
We did not have school for a week! We made igloos. The side street by my house that I had friends on was blocked at the bottom by a snow drift. So we were able to sled down the hill and crash into it. It was very cool.
Shit like that does not happen here anymore. City workers are on top of the snow and they have chemicals now that make it go away faster.
I found a documentary on Youtube about it if you are interested at all.
 
This is part one

Enjoy!
I am going to finish my coffee and then survey the elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment