Friday, January 21, 2011

Snowing...again! *sad face*

*284*

I am sick and tired of the fucking snow!!!! Ahhhhhhh! 
I do not feel better but I needed to blog scream that. It is only January 21st. We still have all of February to get through. WTF!  I know. I live in New England. I should be used to this. You see, I live on the coast of Connecticut. We do not get snow on a regular basis in the winter. We will get snow showers, flurries, and if we are lucky..a big ole Nor`easter that blows in a shit load of snow. We are what the rest of the state calls, God`s country. We mostly get rain, sleet, slush. So this constant barrage of snow really sucks! If I lived higher up like in Mass, or New Hampshire..I could not be bitching.

   I keep thinking about the garden. Some of you know that I garden all Spring and Summer. Annuals in pots, Perennials, Ornamental bushes, and Veggies. I grow the majority of my veggies at the community garden up the hill. Chelsea`s job runs it. For $20, I get 2 garden plots next to each other full of organic loam and compost. The plants love it. No shade, plenty of water, and lots of butterflies, bugs, and birds. Mice too but you get that will gardening. Everyone has to grow completely organic. No pesticides. You can use organic ones if you like. Everyone shares.  There are educational beds that Chelsea tends and we get the bounty from those too. Tons of tomatoes. I made bread and butter pickles and pickled jalapenos last fall.
Can you see that I am dreaming of Late March?
I will plant tomatoes, radishes, lettuce, mesculin, eggplant, maybe squash but I dont know. I was thinking of trying tomatillos this year. We will see.

I am just really tired of looking out the window at the snow. I am tired of shoveling it. I am tired of buying those melting pellets so no one slips. I have not even gone outside yet today and it is almost 9am, The plows have not come down the road AT ALL!
IT SUCKS!
I will just keep dreaming of my lush green yard and my veggies to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment