Thursday, January 13, 2011

We shoveled...too damn much!

Fred navigating the snow
*284*

I have heard varying degrees of what the snow totals for my city were but a couple official ones said we received 13 inches of snow. It was NOT a blizzard, it was a weather phenomenon called a  bombogenesis.  A bombogenesis is a rapid drop in atmospheric pressure - 24 millibars or more - in 24 hours. Basically it is the reason we got a TON of snow in such a short period of time.  My ass is sore from all the shoveling.
I stood next to this car (our car), with snow almost to my knees and I just was like What the fuck are we going to do?? There was so much of it that we did not know where to start. We could not find our second shovel, so we tag teamed. We went back and forth taking breaks. It took us two hours to dig out the car, the garbage can, the walk area (we do not have sidewalks on our street), and the walkway and front steps..oh plus the front porch. Then I went inside, made chili, and we took a nap! LOL

This is the front walkway after he was finished. The snow was really high on both sides.
This is our side yard. That is a garden bench over there. The wall is completely covered. The dogs will be pissing on newspaper for a few days until I get the back patio shoveled out.
That is our next door neighbor`s pine tree bowing to the weight of the heavy snow. This young guy had his closing on Tuesday (he just bought that house), and the storm came on Wednesday. We introduced ourselves to him. He is going to gut the whole house. He needed help getting his car out of the snow later on.
I know there is going to be more snow but I HOPE that Mother Nature gives us at least a week break. I mean the weather people in our state says we just got all of our winter storm for the year in that one storm!
Spring! Where forth are you Spring?

2 comments: