Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Did you have a Dorothy Do?


*283*

I did!
Do not ask me why I post what I post..LOL I was looking for some vintage winter scenes and for some reason ice skaters came up and then I thought about Dorothy Hamill and now there she is. See how my mind works? Like a steel trap, I tell ya.
I had a Dorothy Hamill hair cut for a couple years. It grew out fugly though. My brother Eric used to love to tease me. "Oh looook, it is Dorothy Hamill! Where are your ice skates Dorothy? " Jack ass!
I always considered hair just hair. I had no attachment to it. I could get it into my head that I wanted to cut my long hair and chop chop chop..it was gone. No tears. No regrets. It is just hair. I say that now but I am a bit bothered by the greys I keep finding. I am not liking that at all! My mother had salt and pepper hair, which was nice..but at 42 years old, I feel like I am not ready to go there yet. So I color my almost waist length hair red. Nice auburn. This is the longest my hair has ever been. I have gone and had it trimmed. But I am not ready to cut it. Now I am not saying I have grown an attachment to hair in my older years..I just want it to be long for now. I may be that old grey haired lady with the long braid down her back, or not.
 There is an icy storm going on today so there will be no gym..even if it is on my list! I am cleaning, facebooking, and cooking.
Tonight we are having egg rolls, spring rolls (for chelsea and I) and a lemon fried rice that I found at Allrecipes.com. I am following the other suggestions for modifications. More hot sauce, Lemon pepper, and lemon juice. It would be too bland otherwise.
I have a recipe for the Spring rolls someplace but I cannot find it to share. I think Chelsea has it in her bookmarks. It is a really refreshing, veggie filled, spring roll. Very tasty!
Tomorrow I have to remember that I have to go order Fred`s birthday cake. Same place as mine..Cake Lady..but all Chocolate!

And yes..I did twirl around to make my hair do that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment