Saturday, April 14, 2012

Another friend lost....

10/24/68-4/12/12
I just got a call from my pseudo Mom who I have not talked to in quite awhile. She called to tell me that her daughter Rhonda had passed away in her sleep. She was found this morning by her daughter. I am so heartbroken for Serena and her brother Ryan. I lost my father when I was 13 and that devastated me. That was really the only parent they had and she is now gone.
 I cant stop crying and part of me does not understand why. We had not talked in quite a long time, at least a year and before that it was at least 3 years. She thought I was not any fun. She was single, she wanted to go out and do things, and she couldn't understand that I could not do that anymore. Not being mean about her at all. We had a clean break as friends and were still very civil. No hatred at all. We were just on two different paths in life.
 I met Rhonda when  we were both 17 and having issues with ourselves. She moved into a friend`s house two door down from where I lived with my Mom. It was a brief encounter because she was gone before we all knew it. She just needed a waystation until she moved onto the next place she went. I got to know her again when we bought the house 14 years ago. Her Mom owned a house down the street. I got back in touch with her and loved her, her kids and her Mom. I lost my Mom around this time so Rhonda`s Mom, Carmen, filled a void. I feel guilty now that we had lost touch. I will make sure that never happens again. Rhonda had a tough life and she had been ill for the past decade. Even through all of that she loved her kids and her family.
I hope that she is free of pain and whatever else was plaguing her.

R.I.P my Friend. I will see you on the other side some day. You owe me a drink!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are feeling melancholy about your friend. I think I know how you feel. I lost a friend a few years back and we were very close at one time, but had followed different paths and lost touch. When she died, I think I was so sad because I felt guilty that I had let us drift so far apart. I hope you take the time to be sad about it and remember the good things about her.

    ReplyDelete