Monday, December 27, 2010

Muse! Oh where have you been???

*286*
These bits of wood on the table are the makings of my Muse coming back to live with me. She has been gone at LEAST 2 years, maybe more. I have had so much bullshit stuff go on in my life and in my family`s lives that she just left one day...Never to return. I would stare at my barren, unfinished dollhouses and wonder..WTF!
So my friend D gave me this little piece of salvation. It is a half scale Greenleaf Arthur. She is sending me a half scale Rosedale pretty soon too! Goody!! And I have half scale furniture to build also. I have so many kits stashed around. She kept sending me things to see if it would peak my interest and it never did. I have a half scale (i think) Lighthouse to build. I have a Greenleaf Village to build. I tried. It is not like I did not try.
So for some reason, this little Arthur has changed things. It is half the size of regular dollhouses. So I can store it on a shelf or on my dresser with no problems. I think I might like building these. Send me more!! LOL
 This is how far I have gotten this morning. Those two roof pieces will not line up. FUCK! I kept playing with them over and over. I just gave up and added the glue. The shingles will hide it. The trim will hide it. It will be fine. Stop being OCD about it Heidi.
She is a little beauty. Some of you are not dollhouse aficionados  like some of my friends, so you all just wont get it. And that is okay. You were`nt meant to get it. But maybe one of you still harbors the want of that dollhouse you never got as a child. Seeing me fiddle with them...you might want to build one. Just let me know. I can give you advice and I have friends that can give you advice. Very nice people.
Okay, I am going to start working on painting the porch floor today. I think I am going to repeat a diamond pattern I have done before.
Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. You are right, I don't get it. But I have always wanted a dollhouse. I am outnumbered though in a house full of boys. Even the cat is a boy. Trains rule in this house so I get just a few things to myself.

    ReplyDelete