Saturday, December 18, 2010

Happy Yule!

*281*

  I am a bit early but my friend D is celebrating this weekend so I am going to be early too. Happy and Blessed Yule to all my Pagan friends! Ah! Yule..Now I just have to patiently sit and wait for the days to get brighter and brighter until Spring arrives. We are kind of in limbo this weekend. There is a storm forming out in the Atlantic and it could sweep close by us here in Old CT and give us a nasty Nor`easter. If you have never been through a Nor`easter in the winter, it is kinda like a cross between a tropical storm and a blizzard. Good sleeping weather. I have oil in the tank, food in the kitchen, and salt for the walkways. We are set. Except Hubs has to work this weekend. So I am going to worry. I will not sleep a wink on Sunday until he comes home. He gets off work at 11:15pm and it usually takes him 10 minutes to get home. It will take longer, I know..so I will sit and wait until he is safe. Hopefully, he will get a not needed on Sunday. That means that there are only so many babies in the unit and so many nurses working..so he is really not needed. He would then use his PTO to get paid for that day. THAT would make me happy.

Do you see that I am slowly losing some weight? It is actually exciting to me! I want it to continue. Something has finally clicked in my brain in terms of the food consumption. We had a opened bag of Lay`s chips sitting here and I had to throw them away cause they were getting stale. WTF! Lays never get stale in our house...EVER! I just am choosing which carbs I want to eat, and junk food is not it.
 I have to run to the craft store (AC Moore) today to pick up chocolate tools. I broke my last one and I cannot finish the bon bons without it. Plus I need some bags because I am making chocolate covered pretzels to give out also.
So I have been doing well. My left heel is feeling a bit better, I am eating better, and I am going to sign Natalie up for a gym membership.  I want her to walk with me. I want someone to walk with me. I do not have a iPod so it can get kind of boring walking by myself. I do not have the money to spend on an iPod for myself..well I do but I do not spend money on myself like that in these days and times. Bills, food, amenities..that is what money is spent on now.


7 more days until Christmas!!
Are you done shopping? I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment