Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year`s Eve Eve!

*290*

Fred has New Year`s Eve and New Year`s Day and the rest of the weekend OFF! WooHoo! I love when he has days off together and especially the weekend. I have to get supplies for food for Eve. Champagne most definitely. We like a brand of champagne called Ballatore. I just saw on that site that they had a nice recipe for chicken samosas. I copied it and I am going to add it to the things we are having. Might as well go out with a bang. I will make my egg rolls, the samosas, a veggie platter, and a hot dip. I have a recipe for a chicken one that intrigues me. I am going to be sharing some recipes this morning before I have to go run my errands and go to the gym.

The first one I want to share and that I am intrigued about is a recipe from my friend D. BLT Dip.

BLT Dip (This is to die for! It's excellent with crackers, chips, pita triangles, or fresh veggies)

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of ground black pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
1 large tomato, seeded, drained and diced
1 pound bacon, crispy-cooked and crumbled or diced

Mix all the ingredients together except the tomato and bacon. Chill until it's time to serve. Just before serving, stir in the bacon and tomato.

This next recipe comes from my niece Kate.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
1 pkg of cream cheese
1/2 cup Frank`s hot sauce
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 cooked chicken breast, chopped.

Mix together, 350 deg F oven for 30 minutes.
Heidi`s Egg Rolls


1 package of wonton or spring roll wrappers. (they can be bought in the produce section of your local grocery store or at an Asian specialty market)
1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork
1 egg yolk, 1 egg white; separated
1 cup of shredded cabbage
1 yellow onion, chopped fine
2 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
Vegetable Oil for frying

Put 2 inches of vegetable oil in your frying pan and start heating.

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl (minus the egg roll wrappers and the egg yolk) Put egg yolk in small bowl. It is going to be used to seal the wrappers.
You will see on the package that it shows you how to wrap an eggroll. But I am going to give you the instructions right here.  When I am almost done wrapping an egg roll, I dip my finger in the egg yolk, put a dot on the edge of the wrapper and then finish the roll. That way I never have to worry about them opening up in the oil.
Put your egg rolls in the oil when it is hot enough to cook. I do not have a set time that I cook. I cook on medium high heat. That way the meat has a chance to cook on the inside, and the outside does not brown too fast. Once it is a nice golden brown on the outside, take out and put on paper towels to drain.
We like to dip them in hot sauce and wrap them in lettuce leaves. Yum!

So far, that is going to be the menu. I will not make huge portions because I do not want leftovers the next day..LOL
Okay, it is 9:15am and my ass is still cold. I am going to change and go to the bank and the package store.
Have a nice day!

3 comments:

  1. blt dip is the bomb. I love it. Chicken dip is okay. But I was the only one that ate it. Eric is not a big dip person. I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you serve the hot dip with? Bread?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup little toast bread tiscuits ritz crackers

    ReplyDelete