Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas cooking

The beginnings of Collard Greens
*281*

Yesterday afternoon and into last night I was making food for Christmas...sort of. Fred has to work (2nd shift) on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and the day after that. Sucks, huh? It is okay. He had Un-Turkey day off and he will have New Years off. So I decided instead of him eating his special dinner re-heated at work..I would cook now. He had yesterday off so we had carne asada tacos (like on TD), chicken enchiladas, pico de gallo, and home made corn chips. It was good.
Yesterday I made the collard greens and potato salad. We are having BBQ pork ribs on the charcoal grill outside and they will be slathered in Arthur Bryant`s BBQ sauce. Kansas City Baby!
 I am also going to make cookies for a party for Natalie. She told me that she needed them for today..YESTERDAY! Grrr.
 As for Christmas dinner and Eve..Chelsea is cooking a Vegan feast for us on Christmas. She was going to make something with Lima beans but I nixed that shit right away. I HATE LIMA BEANS. Always have, always will. She was gonna make a stew and it was going to have 2 pounds of them in it. Ugh. Nope. So she is going to make something else. I will let you all know about it when it happens. I think I will make Christmas eve easy. I have some shrimp in the freezer that I bought in beginning of December. Make a shrimp cocktail. I have a brie wheel. I can make some artichoke and spinach dip. Maybe order a pizza. I need to call them today to find out when they close on Friday.
 So that is basically it...This month and year are almost over. And my lust for cooking will never end, just the volume will be turned down a bit..LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment