Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another year under the table

My Neighbor Dec. 2010
*290*
I walked the dogs last night a little later then usual so I could take this picture. I am pretty sure he will be shutting it down soon. This picture does not do this house justice. He has the entire house covered in lights, including the roof. The yard is full of blow ups and plastic mold ornaments. He even has a plastic mold snowman on the roof. I would LOVE to see his CL&P bill. Connecticut is one of the highest states in terms of electric rates. When I get a light bill that is under $150 a month, I am shocked. Granted, there is basically always someone home in my house. So there is always something running. But that is how life is. I do not have fancy fripperies but I can pay my whopping electricity bill. I guess when we are ready to get out of CT, we can take our CT money with us and live high on the hog. I hear it is sooo much cheaper in other areas.
Anyway.
I had a hissy fit at the gym yesterday because of the 290. I am okay now but I am more determined then anything. Natalie and I danced some of the songs on the Just Dance last night. My feet started screaming so I had to end it for myself but it was fun. There is a sweat mode. You can choose 1 (mild workout), 3 (moderate workout), or 6 (intense workout) songs to dance to. You pick them and then the game plays them for you in that order. There is even a warm up part. I want to do more of that. The gym and the dancing will make up for the icy sidewalk days of not being able to go out for a walk walk.
 I have that appointment with the Neurologist this morning at 830am est. For those of you that know me a long time, I will NOT be seeing Dr. Wet Noodle. He is not in the office anymore. There is a really really good Dr. in there now. He is one of the best in the area. They (and I) did not know if I should see HIM or go back to my Neurosurgeon because of my foot issues and my balance issues. They are going to look at me and then determine if this is something my surgeon should deal with.
Short Story..Dr. Wet Noodle was a young neurologist (the only one in that office!) that had that limp, cold, wet noodly handshake. He would not look you in the eye. The kind of person you want to slap back to reality. Come on dude! He told me that all my problems were not neurological. That maybe I needed to go back to my GP or go to a circulatory Dr. WTF! All I wanted was to get to go see the Neurosurgeon but you needed a referral to get in. Wet Noodle wouldn't do it!  My GP is best buds with THE surgeon that I wanted. Guess what? Two herniated discs and one was pressing really badly. That is why my foot would curl around the brake pedal, Asshole!! Now when I go in the office, I just tell them that I used to see Elijah. hehehe I do not even use his last name or Dr. This neurologist is going to see that I was not fibbing. He better not start on my fatness either. I hate when they blame EVERYTHING on your weight. I am trying to lose weight. Many people know this for a fact. I have had some obstacles thrown in my path but I am still doing it.
Fred might go with me to be my advocate. You need a fatty advocate when people do not believe that you have been doing what you say you have. Wow, that was a long sentence! LOL
So I will let you all know what he says. Hopefully it is nothing. Just a blip on the screen.

1 comment: