Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Can you spot Perla in this mess?   
*I am not even...*

I am awake and I am drinking my coffee. It has been a really nice Christmas. I did not want to be all braggy like on Facebook about what I received because there are probably some people that did not get much or anything at all this year. So I will talk about it on here! They got me everything that I wanted! A pair of 14 k gold hoop earrings, a replacement piggy bank for the one that we smashed open, the new version of the Wii game Just Dance (that will work some of the chunk off), those salt and pepper grinders you squeeze together and they grind over your food, my own set of gloves so I do not have to dig in the pile.

I collect Nutcrackers. I have had to toss a few over the years because the glue disolved (because they were cheap) but Fred is always good at getting me the real deal. This is a Nutcracker from the Nutcracker for 2010. Isn't he gorgeous?

I have wanted one of these photo frames for a very very long time. I just pop a digital card in the back and presto! It will work.I have to decide where I am going to put it. I want it in a place that everyone can see my goofy family. LOL This gift made me very happy!

Hamilton Beach Brew station
I am so happy about this gift! I had the first brew station when it came out like five years ago (or longer then that). Fred gave it to me for Christmas also. It kept the coffee warm for like 2 hours. It died after a long fruitful life. Today I got the updated version! I have been using a crappy coffee maker for over two years and now I have this!! I know some of you are probably laughing me but I am a coffee lover. This thing keeps coffee warm up to four hours. You can set your brew strength, you can have it brew your coffee at a specific time, it can make iced coffee! I love it!!!!!

This is from Chelsea. It may not seem like a big deal gift but to me it is. I can brew my coffee, fill up my ceramic cup with rubber top and hot hand  holder, go out the door, and save the enviroment! I am using it right now.

I received some great gifts from my friends. Miss Tia sent me a much needed 2011 calendar and a gift certificate to Starbucks! Yee Haa!
My bestie friend A. brought me over a big old tub of donut muffins (God help me!) and something called Coquito. It is like a Puerto Rican Egg Nog. At the end of this blog, I will post the recipe. It is spiked heavily with Rum and it is oh so good! Yum!
My other bestie friend D. sent me a Muse. I have been in a dollhouse building slump for over two years. I think the whirlwind that has been my life has scared the poor muse into a corner someplace. So D. sent me a half scale Greenleaf Arthur kit, with shingles and siding, and half scale furniture too!  I am going to wait until today dies down to open it up and spread out the contents!

So it has been a really good Christmas for me this year. I tried Brie cheese for the first time too. It could only get better from here!
Merry Christmas to you all. I hope you are having a wonderful day too.


Coquito is a traditional punch served at Christmas and New Years celebrations. The drink is similar to eggnog with rum. This particular recipe does not call for raw eggs. Nor does it call for you to crack open a fresh coconut. It's a very simple mixed drink.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 1 hour

Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 2 15-ounce cans cream of coconut
  • 2 14-ounce cans condensed milk
  • 6 ounces white rum (use less if you like)
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon coconut (or vanilla) extract

Preparation:

1. Mix all ingredients in a blender. 2. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving. Serve cold.
Serves: This recipe makes about 36 ounces
*A. told me to keep it in the freezer. Damn thing is not frozen..more like a drunken slush...hehehe*

No comments:

Post a Comment