Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tube tops and 40 something boobs

I tried something like the 3rd dress
*277*

I am a child of the 1970s. I was around for the 1976 centennial (woop-di-do) , That`s Incredible (more on that later) and all the ugly fashions..Polyester!  I also remember tube tops and Halter tops. Today I went with Chelsea to Lane Bryant because she needed to make a purchase. There was a dress like that third one but with a tube top and a string around the front to go around your neck. Now, I am not blind or an idiot. I know full well that I am too old to be wearing shit like that. If you can remember wearing it the first time it came around, you are too old to wear it now.
That being said.....I wanted to try it anyway. It was pretty!

 The skirt part was really kind of like these skirts here. Remember those? Oh gosh I had one and I loved it. You could twirl. Anyhoo.
I did not like what I saw. I saw 42 year old boobs trying desperately to hold on to their youth and elasticity. They were losing. I know I could have bought a strapless bra and some spanx but let`s face it..I  had no real right to be wearing that youngin shit. Now do not tell me that I can wear anything I want..you probably looked good. blah blah blah.
It was a beautiful dress for a 20-30 something with an amazing rack.
I also tried on this really beautiful green dress. The green looked bad on me. And the dress did not come in any other patterns. And it cost $89. So that was a No.

That`s Incredible was..how do I explain it? Ummm. Let me just post a video.


Anyway, this show had decided to get on a train and do a tour of the country stopping at different cities. My city was one of the stops! But it was going to happen on a school day in the morning. I asked and was granted permission to skip school! I skipped a day of Catholic junior high with my friend, Mary Beth (who also got permission). It looked like there was no school for anyone that day cause the place was packed with kids! They came, people hung near the back of the train (I really dont fucking remember what they did or said). They were leaving and my friend Mary Beth started walking down the tracks a bit so she was a lone person out there. Now, guess what happened? They changed their ending track of the show I think that season or the following season. It shows the camera pointing out the back of the train in my town with my friend Mary Beth in the middle of the tracks.
Bitty! Why didn't I think of that?!?!

Next time I will wax you nostalgic on the day I met Tristan Rogers from General Hospital!

2 comments:

  1. lol that top pattern you have Heidi. Is how I dress all the time. I call it bohemian hippy chic. I would love to learn how to sew patterns like this than buying expensive vintage clothing. I could live and die in a vintage dress that flows with the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the rouching (i dont know how that is spelled) but the elastic tube top part would be difficult for a novice seamstress but you could probably do the skirts real easy.

    ReplyDelete