Sunday, May 8, 2011

Bacon for Mother`s Day.


 *278*

That`s right. I got some bacon for Mother`s day. It was nice and crispy and made with love...by my husband. He and I went out to dinner last night for a pre-Mother`s day thing. I did not want to go out to eat today with all the grandmas with their Spring suits and corsages. So we snuck out last night, drove to Mystic, and had a nice Steak Loft steak. Yummy!
 So it is 953am and my darling daughters are still asleep. I have already washed some dishes and pans..to make it easier for Fred to cook our Mother`s Day breakfast. He called his Mother this morning and I have no idea what we are going to do today. I want some help with hanging a new smoke detector (ohhh so over the edge exciting!!!) or maybe we can finish priming our bedroom. We have not even come close to finishing that room. I want it to be done. 

   I was thinking about my Mother yesterday. She passed away 9 years ago at the age of 79 from complications of diabetes (type 2) and Parkinson`s disease.
  She was not a well woman for most of her adult life. She suffered from Bipolar disorder or back then it was called Manic Depression. It was unfortunate for her that she had to deal with that mental illness back in the 1950s-1970s. There was not much to offer in a way of help.
 So my childhood was not the best but I would not change a thing. It made me who I am. She took care of me. I was fed, clothed, cared for when ill, and brought up to adulthood. That is more then others can say. I knew she was not okay so I did not blame her.
I become sad on Mother`s Day. Not because I am forgotten or I did not get what I hoped for. It is just that I am 42 years old and I do not have a Mother. She is not there to answer questions.. "How long do you cook a 10 lb rump roast?" I have the same pain in the smart ass attitude that she had. The "I do not give a fuck what you think" way of living. I do care what people think but I can have days when I really do not give a fuck..hehehe
So today I am not going to give a fuck. It is MY day dammit. I am going to do and say whatever the hell I want to. Now I wonder what they got me for a gift????

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the loss of your mom, sweetie, I think that is something people never stop missing, unfortunately. :(

    Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day and congrats to you for breaking out of the 80's and holding steady, you keep going girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dale. I am okay with it most of the time. My Dad passed away when I was 14 (he was 60)and a freshman in high school. I think his death affects me the most still. But I think my life would not be as it is if it were not for the way that it was.
    I will keep going. I am still eating my rabbit food!

    ReplyDelete