Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tonight starts my *no take out* test

That is ALOT of meat!
*278*

If that chic`s fridge died, she would be assed out!
I have food in my fridge but nothing like that. Tonight I am cooking from scratch. As many of you know, I do this fairly often. But I am making a point to say that I am going to do this every day even if it KILLS me. I have started peeling the potatoes for mashed taters. I have three nice top round steaks. I am going to make a German Rouladen minus the pickle. My former neighbor taught me this recipe. I do not make it often but I said I was gonna cook..so dammit, I am doing it.


German Rouladen

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
  • German stone ground mustard, to taste
  • 1/2 pound thick sliced bacon
  • 2 large onions, sliced
  • 1 (16 ounce) jar dill pickle slices
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 1/2 cups water
  • 1 cube beef bouillon

Directions

-Cut the flank steak into thin filets; about 1/4 inch thick and 3 inches wide. 
-Generously spread one side of each filet with mustard to taste. Place bacon, onions and pickle slices on each filet and form into a roll. Use string or toothpicks to hold the roll together. 
-Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt butter. Place the rolls in the butter and saute until browned.Pour in 2 1/2 cups of water and add the bouillon cube; stirring to dissolve the bouillon cube. -Simmer the rolls for about an hour.

Now..I do not have flank steak but I have learned to make due. I will pound the shit out of it to make it thinner for rolling. It is really tasty, trust me. Now like I said, I have never put in the pickles. I know they would not eat it if I did that..so I omitted that. But if you want to try this..by all means go ahead and add the pickle. You can use beef, chicken, or veggie bouillon if you like..use what you have. If you have beef broth, use that!
I have served with rice, potatoes, or just a nice salad. Your choice. I think I am going to make some buttered corn just cause we have not had in forever and it is Nat`s fav. I am going to have the Rouladen and some spinach salad...I ate too many bad carbs yesterday.


Oh! Before I forget. My Mortgage dude is an asshole. He is just attitudey pooty!  Everything is okay though. I have to start giving an extra $200 a month to pay off the accumulated late fees. Good thing I have decided not to spend any money, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment