Monday, May 23, 2011

It is NOT raining men!


*279*

I can hear the fog horns out in the river. It is another dreary and cold assed day here in Old CT. It is 55 deg F. I had to close all the windows and turn the heater on in the livingroom. Brrr! I printed out a chocolate cake recipe because I think I need to turn on the oven. I know I was supposed to be pickling onions this weekend but Nah! I have all this week to do it. I have a headache from the weather and I am not in the mood.
  I go to the foot Dr tomorrow to have the calluses taken care of. I have to take the polish off my toes tonight. He wants to see the foot fungus on the toes. My life lately seems to be a revolving door of Doctors and I am starting to get a hatred for the whole thing. Ah.

  I want to start walking. I will wait till this crappy weather goes away. I am going to pick a nice sunny day and just walk. Not too far, maybe just a mile. I can do that easily. I must pick up some allergy meds before I do this. Nothing worse than physical exercise with a head that feels like it is inside a fish bowl. If I get some damn exercise in me, I should start feeling better. I am NOT saying I am depressed because I am ALWAYS depressed..hehehe..I am saying that I am in a funk (not the same thing). If I kick myself in the ass hard enough, I can get out of it. It is a combo of things that maybe many of feel..Crappy weather, money woes, hubby being sick, crappy weather, money woes, not being able to eat what I want, hubby being sick.
 As for money woes, they are what they are. I have to learn to live with less sometimes. The mortgage thing is straightened out, the oldest paying us is straightened out, and I am doing good with the cooking at home..except for this past Saturday. Nat had a friend sleep over so we bought two large calzones..$20 total. One calzone can feed 3 adults. So we had yummy leftovers. But all and all, I am doing good. I am avoiding the pitfalls of a hungry teen wanting instant gratification. There is stuff to eat in this house when you are hungry!

No pity for me. I can bet money I am not the only one that wants to crawl into the covers and not do anything. This weather sucks shit!

Update:  I took two knock off Advil, and ate a bit of cheese and pepperoni. My headache has subsided. I am also making a nice dense vanilla cake (i used vanilla sugar) with chocolate frosting.  It is in a ornate bundt pan so we will have a nice dessert tonight with Tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment