Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Gardening and girls day.

Front and middle beds are mine

*280*

  It has been warming up enough for me to get out there and plant. I wanted to start you off from the beginning. I will take pics of things I am growing at the house too. These are my two community garden beds. I pay $20 a year for the use of the two of them. They are filled with loamy compost. I only have some onions that I wintered over from last year in the background. But in this front bed I planted two types of beets, spinach, bibb lettuce, mesculin, one lone broccoli plant (first time) and that is about it. I want to buy some tomato plants this weekend so that I can plant some in the middle bed. Not the whole thing because I want to make room for other vegs. No corn this year. It shadowed out my other plants.  Today I made a sort of string cage in the garden for the sugar snap peas I planted. I hope they do well because I really like them. My onions are growing and my Pak choy has a flower on one of the plants. I need to snip it. Never mind..I just read. It has bolted aka gone to seed. I guess those were not good. But I found out that growing pak choy from seed in your garden is best. i will let them go to seed, collect the seeds, and just do it by seed this time.
   Everything is so green and lovely in the yard. I try really hard to ignore all the things on the house that need to be fixed and just look at my plants and trees.

   Friday I made an appointment for myself and my friend made an appointment for herself to get our toes done. Pedicures! I am also going to finally give up the growing trend and have the eyebrows waxed. A. is a pedi virgin like I was. I told her not to worry. It will be all good.  This is a Mother`s day gift to myself just in case I get shafted. It has happened before. I have been forgotten on Mom`s day 2x and this is not when they were babies either! Grown teenagers. So no excuse. I am being proactive. I will just make myself happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment