Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I did good

*277*
Fred and I were hungry earlier today. I had not really eaten anything substantial for breakfast because I had my dental appointment. So Fred hands me $30 and tells me to go out and get something good to eat for lunch. Now I could have blown that money on take out...but I did not. We had eggs and fresh breakfast sausage for lunch instead!

I spent $22 at the grocery store (I used my own $2) and got stuff to have a big breakfast for lunch AND stuff we needed to make dinner tonite. I also needed veggie oil so it was a good thing  I went. For $22 we had lunch and dinner for 3 people.
Tonight I dug out a bag of chicken wings. I do not usually use the bags of cut up wings. I like to have my wings whole. But this was on sale for a really good price a couple months ago. I am cooking at high heat on parchment lined cookie sheets at 400 deg F. for 15 minutes. Then I pulled out and brushed on a combo of honey, BBQ sauce, sesame oil, and hot sauce. I do not have measurements but I want to say you want to only use a small amount of sesame oil, it is very strong.  In 15 minutes, I will take them out, turn over, and brush them again. I will keep doing that until they are well done. That is how we liked them cook. No mushy gushy shit.
I threw in some tater tots I had in the freezer but I am not having any of those. I THINK I still have some baby spinach left. If I do, I will make another spinach salad with tomato and vidalia onions.

 I am planning on canning/pickling some Vidalia onion slices this weekend. They only come out for so long and we love them in the summer. I will be sharing that recipe with pictures.

Oh, in the midst of all this...I gave Miss Lu a bath and hair dry. She needed it. She was a Stinkin Lincoln.

No comments:

Post a Comment