Monday, May 2, 2011

Clarifying and Cleaning and Weeding


*280*

No gym today! I am going to do work in the garden instead. I have gotten most of the leaves up from the side yard. I am saving the leaves up top because I am thinking of building a freestanding compost pile up there for the rich soil that I will get at the end of the year.
 I wanted to clarify something. I am not letting these kids run me over with a bull dozer in life. They do suck sometimes like most kids can be but all in all they are okay. I will come on here from time to time to bitch about them but that is because I really needed to let off some steam.
   Oldest does not make a living wage at her job. She just received more hours and benefits but still not enough to afford rent and utilities. All her friends that went to college are living at home because they cant find a job. She is one of the lucky ones. She will give me the money because she knows that right now, she has to. We could use the money to help pay the bills and she will be able to save for when the economy gets better. My youngest (and all kids her age) cannot find work at all. Connecticut is really bad. Not even working at Mcdonalds! Nothing. She is even willing to take out all her piercings! The jobs get snapped up by all the people that are losing their unemployment. So I am going to suggest that she volunteer. She wants to go to a place locally called Alliance for Living that helps people with HIV and AIDS. Chelsea did alot of volunteering before she got her job (which she volunteered at). It will good for Natalie to try different things out and see what she wants to do.
   We did not have the meeting last night. Fred got called into work and I want this to be a united front. So his next day off is tomorrow I think. I did talk to Nat this morning. I told her that until she can get a paying job, she will work in the house and help me keep it clean. She will be given a stipend for her work so she has some spending money. She has to really work..no slacking or no money. Plus if she volunteers at that place..it will give her some purpose. That newspaper article really bothered me that I talked about before. One of the boys used to live right down the street. I do not know the reason his family kicked him out but he is planning on living in a tent. Maybe he refused to get work, look for work, or help out any way he can until he found work.
 I read someplace that my generation over indulged, spoiled, and made lazy the kids coming up. They had everything handed to them. They had never had to really suffer or do without..until now. Some of them are rolling with it (like Chelsea), some took a little time getting used to the idea (like Natalie) and others just refuse to believe that they cannot get what they want! 
So Yes, I did do a disservice to them by not really forcing them to do chores and learn to cook early. Maybe because I did not want them to mirror the life I had. My Mom was sick and I had to do the cooking and cleaning (after my sister moved out).    Aint gonna happen easily. Natalie likes to clean but you gotta get her started to do it. Same with cooking. I will start her off. She is not clueless in the kitchen. She just needs to learn some recipes so she can feed herself.
Boy, I am defending them all over the place huh? I am not in any denial. I go to therapy. LOL These things I am talking about have already been discussed with my shrink. She agrees that as long as Chelsea gives us money and pay for ALL her own luxuries..I aint buying no more tofu!  (she already cooks her own meals and does her own laundry) and Natalie helps out till she gets work..there should be no reason why they cannot stay here until they can afford to or they find someone to live with.
 They both know that we do not want a couple 25 year olds living here. hehehe I just want to live a little bit more harmoniously in the house. If that can be achieved, then I am fine with us all helping each other out.
I got some kitchen cleaning to do. I did not clean up my mess last night in there and it is calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment