Monday, May 30, 2011

Back on low carb starting today

Atkins Pyramid
*278*

One of the books that I bought at that library book sale was the Atkins book. Best $1 I ever spent. I know I could have read everything I want to online but I am one of those people that has to have the literature in my hand. Tangible paper to read. I think I am not the only one that is like that. (I even read this big kitchen garden book that is wonderful).
The only part of the change that is going to bother me (that I did not know about in the first go round) is no caffeine. I am sorry but I have chronic fatigue and I live off of the stuff.  I used to take Dexedrine for years but it started to backfire on my ass. So I stopped that and I just drink like 2 cups of coffee a day and the occasional cup of Diet Pepsi.
 I started kind of sort of last night with my dinner but I am really going to start today. I weighed myself and I do weigh that amount up top. No hormonal shift.
The restrictive 20 grams of carbs a day actually gets increased after 2 weeks. You slowly start adding 5 grams at a time. You want to still lose weight so you do it slow so you can know when to stop adding.
 I cannot eat this crap because it messes with my blood sugars and I want to be healthy. So this is my way to go.
Oh the other thing...No sugar of any kind (except artificial sweeteners) forever! No honey, syrup, sugar, brown sugar..no no no!
 Fred is happy. He likes this way of eating but I fell off the wagon a while ago. When we would have breakfast, I would still forgo the toast and potatoes but I did not do that with every meal. So this is going to be okay. It takes a few days for you to adjust physically and mentally.

I just do not think I am giving up my coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment