Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday Sunday!

*280*

It is 11am and I have made the bacon for *breakfast*. No one is up yet..except Chelsea and I. Nat had a friend sleep over. I guess they stayed up extra late last night. I passed out after watching a movie.
 This morning I am making my version of red beans and rice with kielbasa and spicy chicken. Fred gave some to his friend and he just about died. He wants me to make some for him. So I am. I wonder if I will get anything in return. My ass never complained before about cooking for somebody but shit costs money. I will do this for this guy once and that is it. If I get some compensation, that`s good. If I do not, he better eat it slow..cause that will be the last time I make it.

  I picked up some nice plants at the plant sale yesterday. Chelsea`s job held it. I bought some and at the end, she gave me some. I planted a cherry tomato that has a husk like a tomatillo, an eggplant, two heirloom tomatoes (so there are three plants), some basil, lemon balm, Sunflowers, blanket flower, and some pansies. She also dug up some mint that is in her work plot. I will repot it for the season today.
We also had a really good talk. I told her (FINALLY) about having to give us money with every paycheck. She was stressed about it because her hours may be cut. She was trying to say that she was saving money to leave. I told her, how are you going to leave if your hours are going to be cut??? (Governor most likely will cut funding and there goes the trickle down). More on this conversation in a second...

 I had a text conversation with an old high school friend last week. We were talking about this and that (she had disappeared from FB and I wondered if everything was ok). We got on the subject of our adult kids. She is married and lives in a three bedroom place. She has her 21 yr old son who cannot find work, his friend, a niece, and a nephew...all in the house because they cannot find jobs. Not even menial Burger King type jobs. In our area, so many Adults have been layed off from jobs that they are taking all available jobs. So kids and college grads are mega assed out. I am assuming it is like that everywhere. She told me that my instincts with my kids is a good one. Life now is not the same as it was when we were teens and 20s. It may never be the same again. Families have to stay together, combine their money to survive. That being said.....

 I told Chelsea that I did not want her here forever. I was not being a clingy Mom. I want her to go out in the world. It is just really difficult right now. I told her to go out with her friend to the Cape next month and get away from the house. I told her that she can use some of her money to re-decorate her room (new paint, comforter, new bed). We had a good conversation and it looked like she was able to relax. I want her flight from home to be good. It will be stressful regardless but I do not want her to spend her money on a place and then find she cannot afford it, have to come home and all her money is gone. Keep saving. Wait to see what happens in the world. Maybe an opportunity to move in with someone will come to light.
So we both feel better. She will give us money every two weeks and she can save for when she will be able to leave. She even helped pay for groceries yesterday! Shocked the shit out of me. LOL
She wants to be treated like an adult, which I am getting better at. I want her to do more around the house, which she says she promises to work on.
The more I talk to people out there in the world..the more I am finding teens, new adults, and college grads having to come back or stay home because there are no jobs. If you have a job, keep that Motherfucker cause there is no guarantee you will find another one.
I will teach them both the wonders of being an adult on their own and I will feel good when they do leave. I will still bitch about them being here sometimes..And I told her that! But that does not mean I really want her to go...well I do but I know I know. ROFL

So that has been my Sunday so far...The rice and beans are simmering on the stove. Smells good.

No comments:

Post a Comment