Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Do you paint your toenails?

*278*

   Foot Doc appointment was good. He got a layer of callus off feet and took sample for the dreaded toe nail fungi. He told me that I can have my toes painted for now but when I come back in three weeks...that is it! Naked toe nails. :( I bet you did not know that having your toe nails painted actually helps promote the growth of the toe nail fungus. He told me that I should keep my toes naked and out in the sun during the summer. That will keep the fungus away after I have cured it with pills. I have to wait to see if it is even a fungus. It could be something else..a psoriasis. Never heard of that. I read about it and hope to hell that is not what I have. I doubt it though. I do not have what the ugly pictures
show.
So I must continue with the cream to soften the calluses for the next visit, keep stretching my feet, and wearing my orthotics in my shoes. He told me to wait another week or more before I start walking for exercise. I have to really loosen that tendon or I could be in a world of pain again. So I am going to shoot to start walking by the June.


 I planted those perennials that I had gotten on Saturday. One  sunflower, a holly hock, and pansy. I still have to go get dirt because I have the potato starters to plant, lemon balm to put in a pot, and basil also.
My neighbor informed the FB nation that she has turned her yard into an urban garden and she has chickens. I am so fucking jealous!! I want chickens!! But it will never happen. I do not have the energy to deal with that. It is in my blood though. I understand why I want them so. My Dad grew up on a chicken farm outside of Boston during the Depression. He hated chicken and eggs. But they had food. I have food growing in my yard. Just not an abundance. If I had the energy..my whole front yard would be veggie garden central! It would take a ton of work. Work that I cannot do. Maybe if I get a bit healthier..I will be able to do it next year.  That is something to fucking shoot for. Lose weight so you can grow tomaters!!  I am happy to report that my sugar snap peas are growing. I did not take a picture but I will when they start climbing the string thing I made. My onions are doing well and my heirloom zucchini squash is still growing, slowly but surely. I hope it is a success.
Okay..gotta go. I have a shitload of dishes to do and Fred is making breakfast/lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment