Thursday, January 31, 2013

Freakishly Spring like Thursday


It is close to 50 deg f right now where I am. The sun is out too. I want to enjoy it. Too bad the ground is wet. I would so clean up the yard today if it wasnt for that. Tomorrow will be back to the cold winter temps. Today I plan on sitting out on the front porch with a beverage and enjoying the freak day of Spring.
 As some of you already know, I have an affinity for Valentine`s Day and also for pin ups. Not the newer girls that are pretending to be pin ups either. Old school 1920, 30s, 40s, and a bit of Betty Page. I will mix it up this month with girls and also vintage childhood Valentines.

I have come to the conclusion that I am going to have to eat very differently, like I have said over and over and over again.
I was discussing with a friend last night. Because of my diabetes, cholesterol issues, high blood pressure in my family, heart disease in my family, and now my losing my gallbladder (supposedly)..I have to change what I eat if I want to live longer. I do not want to wake up in the middle of the night with pains in my chest. That is like my worst fear.
 Her husband is eating differently and I am going to talk to him about it. He has researched and he is going to be eating the way that I should.

Vegan (no dairy, eggs, animal at all), low carb (no white bread, rice, pasta or very starchy vegs), low fat (low fat everything , no fried foods), some juicing or non dairy smoothies to add protein into the day like adding a green smoothie for like breakfast, and eating some raw foods every day. And gotta give up the diet soda.
 There is also the fact that I should stay away from some gluten. I would not become a fanatic about it but it does mess with my gut. So that would require brown rice, multigrain breads, and pastas.

That is a tall order. I am going to get some help in this because it is just too much to go over. I have to be able to eat and not be starving, not missing any nutrients, but not over do it on the carbs to compensate. My blender sucks ass and I cannot afford or justify the purchase of a Vitamix so we shall see what I can do about that.
See..the girls just said they want to have Moe`s for dinner. They are going to pay their way. I will have a hard time eating anything on that menu with the list of things I can and cannot eat. I think they offer tofu as a protein source but no fake cheese..
I will figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment