Saturday, January 5, 2013

Birthday celebrating and lots of veggies


  Today is my Father`s birthday. Happy Birthday Dad! If he were alive today, he would be 90. That means he has been gone 30 years. Wow.  My birthday is tomorrow. When I was a kid, there were always two birthday cakes and two dinner celebrations. Nobody got shortchanged because it was considered too much work or too much cake! Never ever too much cake. It has been a long time but there are days when I still miss him or I will dream about him. One day I will see him again.

  Today we are going out to celebrate my birthday and our 20th anniversary. Our plans before my gut troubles were to go to a nice steak place and then to Foxwoods. We have not changed those plans. I will eat and be merry. I will avoid any alcohol. I will not eat a large amount of food. If at any time my gut starts to hurt a little more, we will go straight home and to the ER. I am still in the dull pain stage of whatever is going on with me. I have been eating low carb since yesterday and as little fat as I can try to muster. It is really hard to find stuff to eat when you are so limited. I can only drink one cup of coffee because the fat from the cream bothers me. For breakfast/lunch,  I had two hard boiled eggs, a handful of grape tomatoes, and a few grapes. Yummy Yummy...I am soooo full! (side eye).
 I kid but if this will keep the immense pain away that I have heard about, then I am going to do it. I can tell the pain is more and different now. I wish my surgical appointment was sooner rather than on Thursday.
  I am going to get dressed, take one kid out to buy brassieres, and then Hubs and I are going out to have fun. Wish me luck! And hopefully my steak dinner wont kill me. :)

1 comment: