Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hurry up and Wait

I saw the surgeon this afternoon. Nice person. He felt me up and asked lots of questions. He says that I have to have a test called HIDA scan. In this test, a radioactive material called hydroxy iminodiacetic acid (HIDA) is injected into the patient. The radioactive material is taken up by the gallbladder to measure gallbladder emptying function. This test also is referred to as cholescintigraphy. They put that crap in your body and then they do something to force your gallbladder to dance for them. If she is broken, it will show up. If she is not broken, I am fucked. Cause the next words out of his mouth were colonoscopy. Meaning there could be something wrong with my intestines or they could just say I have irritable bowel syndrome and show me the door.
 IBS is the catch all (his words) for when you do not know what the problem really is. I do not want that to happen to me. This pain just started, it sucks and I will be forever miserable if I have to live with it.
  Anyhoo..more waiting. I have to wait for the chick to call me tomorrow (friday) to schedule me for the test and to see the surgeon right afterward. So next week, the week after...doesnt seem to matter. I think because I have not had a classic gallbladder attack is the reason the office workers are acting like it is not a big deal.

Waiting sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment