Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Kielbasa Tuesday

Mucke`s is one of the best New England smoked sausage around. There is another but for the life of me, I cannot remember the name of it. We pick up a large ring of it for Easter. My parents used to get the good smoked sausage at the butcher when I was a kid. It was cheap and good. When I was older before kids, I had put a moratorium on all kielbasa and meat in tube form. I had enough of it and I needed a break. That lasted quite a few years. Then I would bring it back for awhile. We would love it and then get sick of it and it would go away for awhile. It had been gone for about 6 years or so and I found out one day that Rainbow LOVES Kielbasa. He is supposed to be my child! He loves all the things Fred and I love. Since he is leaving on Friday, I told him that he got to pick his dinner. Tonight is polska kielbasa, Goya yellow rice, and baked beans. Three of his most favorite things, cooked together.  He is beyond happy. I am too. I love this meal. I just hope it does not hurt me.

  I got a call from the Surgeon`s office yesterday in the afternoon. The earliest day for the HIDA scan is on February 4. She apologized and I wasn't too miffed cause what are you gonna do. I will have to be there at 645am in the morning. I am assuming with an empty stomach. I also have to see the surgeon at 930am the same day. I did some reading about the scan and it can take an hour or so. I also found something else that was very informative and hilariously funny! I never thought I would laugh about what it will be like in my life without a gallbladder. The place is called PoopReport and there are about four pages of testimonials on the gallbladder subject. It made me realize that I am having the same pains as they did. Some never had an attack but sure as shit they needed their gb taken out. I read the whole thing on my phone last night. Today I go on the computer and find out that it has been reported to have Malware. I do not want to go down that road again AND I do not want you to either. So if you want to look it up on your phone, Google poop report living without gallbladder and it is at the top of the page.

  Still in pain. Still cannot eat dairy or greasy or fatty, or anything! Okay, I can eat some things. I found out that even vegetarians have to have their gallbladders out and they have just as much of an issue as meat eaters. There is something called bile salts and enzymes that I can take to make digesting easier. I will go to the health food store once I know I need the surgery.

 As for today, it is cold as a witches tit and it is going to snow/sleet/freezing rain over night. Fred will be home in time. I told him that if it is icy tomorrow morning, his ass is taking the kid to work. Not I! I do not do ice driving in any vehicle, anymore.
I am going to sit here, warm up from the heaters and in a little while get dinner started. Kid will be home at 7pm and she will be HUNGRY!

Stay warm and cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment