Thursday, February 10, 2011

Russel Stovers is laced with Crack!

*283*

All I am saying is I put the heart box of chocolates really really high on the tippity top shelf so that I would have difficulty getting it down. That is all I am saying..LOL  Chocolate is evil. Evil I say!

I am going to go to the gym today and work off some frustration. I am a bit pissed off at someone. Not getting into details because it isn't anyone that any of you know, just someone from RL. This person is just a major annoyance and I have to figure out how to extricate them from my life with the least amount of drama. So I think the stair climber and the treadmill will help me figure things out. I have to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles tomorrow. I was going to go today but I changed my mind. I think I will do my Friday errands today so I will be free to do the dreaded DMV tomorrow. Chelsea and Natalie need to do some business there. I am hoping to get them out of the house early so we can get it done. But I just know that one of them will take her sweet assed time getting ready. And telling me how she does not want to be told what the fuck to do! grrrr! Women!
hehehehe
So off to the gym after I wake up the kid. I wanted to take a walk today but it is way too cold for me to do that. I can handle walking when it is in the 30s but in the 20s is too much for me. My walking time will come soon enough.

Last night I made Mock Mashed potatoes with Cauliflower. I found the recipe on Food Network online and I thought I would share with you all.


*Mock* Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Recipe courtesy George Stella, Food Network

Ingredients

  • 1 medium head cauliflower
  • 1 tablespoon cream cheese,  softened
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/8 teaspoon straight chicken base or bullion (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter

Directions

Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until almost smooth.
Garnish with chives, and serve hot with pats of butter.
Hint: Try roasting the garlic and adding a little fresh rosemary for a whole new taste.

 Now I had to tweek it a bit because I did not have certain things in the house, plus Chelsea wanted some so I made it Vegan. I used vegan cream cheese, margarine, garlic, veggie bouillon base, black pepper, and I actually had a big sprig of rosemary in the kitchen. I grow chives in the back yard but it is 20 deg F so that was a no go.
After I prepared it and served..I topped mine with a dollop of sour cream. OMG! This is so good! You will love it and it is low low carb. It will not add to your waistline or your blood sugar.

I served chicken sausages and tossed salad with this. Balanced low carb dinner until we broke out the chocolate.
I will be good..off to the gym for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment