Wednesday, February 2, 2011

EARLY SPRING!!!!!!

*282*

  Everything outside is covered in a nice layer of ice..or should I say a bad layer of icePhil the groundhog did not see his shadow today so that means EARLY SPRING!!!!!!
 I am so sick of winter. It just needs to pack it`s bags and go. And DO NOT flood my basement this year. But it is gonna happen regardless of what I have to say. We have a sump pump so it is all good. When our state refund goes into the bank, we are going to buy one of those submersible pumps that do double time with the basement water. We had bad flooding last March. That is the worse basement flooding I had ever seen and we have lived here 13 years. But some people that never had flooding at all were shocked to their core when they went into their basements. Now every time we have a big rain, we all think the basement is gonna flood again. It is like we are a bit shell shocked from it. 
*Looking out the window* I hope Fred decides to keep his ass at home if it is still dangerous out there later on. He won`t. Stubborn ass.
 He told me last night that he is going to start working three 12 hour shifts a week starting next week, 9am-9pm (then a three 12s and one 8 the following week).  He is not going to be pleasant to be around but hopefully his body will get used to it. I will have to get used to not having him around. Kind of sad.....
 No gym for this chica today. The parking lot where the gym resides is NEVER taken care of properly in inclement weather. NEVER. It is probably an ice skating rink right now. That is another reason why I cannot wait until Spring. I can go to the gym when I want AND I can walk the neighborhood. I will probably start after the Snows stop and it is not icy anymore.
Last night I made some Szechuan beef with broccoli. It was really good. I was full and did not need the rice that you would normally have with it.  Chelsea made the marinade so I only know it had orange juice and soy sauce in it..LOL So I will ask her and I will post the recipe for the marinade. I just used local stew beef. It was really tender. The citrus helps tenderize the meat. I made enough for Fred to take to work tonight. I hope he forgets it..hehehe
  I still wish I would lose weight faster but I understand what some of you have said to me here and in other places. I need to just take it as it comes. It will come off if I am doing the work. I know! I know! LOL
Valentine`s day is gonna be tough but I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment