Saturday, February 5, 2011

Carbs are Bad Bad Bad! Naughty Carbs!

*282*

  I have learned two lessons. I learned about carbohydrates in general. It had been almost three years since I had seen a nutritionist so I forgot the lingo. I wanted to make sure I was not leading anyone astray.
Simple carbohydrates are smaller molecules of sugar unlike the long chains in starch. For example the individual sugars themselves -glucose , fructose and galactose , or two sugars bonded together ( disaccharides ).  and concentrated sweets: All carbohydrates can be broken down into glucose in the body. Some carbohydrates have a simple structure that easily breaks down into glucose . They are commonly called sugars.

Complex Carbohydrates as their name implies, are more complex. They are long chains of sugar molecules linked together and they're also known as starches. Pasta, breads, rice, root vegetables, fruits, vegetables, grains, beans, and etc. The complex carbohydrates in vegetables,  fruits, and grains have sustained the human race since there was a human race, what we have difficulty in dealing with is the onslaught of simple carbs found in white flour, sugar and fructose.


This is helping me. It is letting me have more choices. 


The second thing I learned is I need to stick to the plan, man! Our tax refund came into the bank on Friday. I went shopping with Fred and the girls..It was a Target day! LOL I was getting tired. My feet were hurting. I KNEW that Heidi was NOT cooking dinner. They wanted to eat Thai food. So I relented and we went. I order Beef Pad Thai. It was good...oh sooo good! I came home and did some stuff like I usually do but I started getting tired. I took my blood sugar. It was 301! It has never gone above 150 at all since I started this. So my body protested. I felt like utter shit the rest of the night. It really does not help that I fucked up in the morning when Fred and I went to breakfast. I wanted to have Corned Beef Hash with two over easy eggs on top. No potatoes. I was keeping the toast but Fred and I were going to share. So we would each get one slice.  When they set the plate down, I instantly realized that hash is FULL of potatoes! Teeny tiny potatoes but still..I ate every bite. 
Washing hands..That day is gone. New start. Pick myself up. I learned a lesson!


I bet you wanna know what I bought huh? I never get to go shopping anymore because of this rotten economy so when I get to just buy something..It makes me extremely happy. I hope you do not think this is bragging cause I do not want it to be. I just want to share cause I got to SHOP! WooHoo!


I replaced two kitchen items, our microwave and our food processor. I bought our microwave about 9 years ago. It had a good run. The buttons started dying about 2 years ago but you could still use it. I am frugal that way. I will not give up the ship until it is sunk. It sank. When you would heat something up, the rotating plate internals made this loud scraping sound. So I bought a smaller one and it is RED! (favorite color). Emerson 900 Watt Microwave Oven. I paid $20 less for it so I think they need to update unless the sale price ended yesterday. I like it. The other thing I replace was our food processor. We use that thing practically everyday so it is a MUST in this house. About five years ago, my neighbor bought it for me for Christmas. Thursday the Oliver knocked it off the kitchen counter. The insides made a rattling sound. It is dead. So I splurged big time. I usually go for the cheapest but not worst but this time I wanted what I wanted! LOL I got a Kitchen Aide Food processor.  I have not even taken it out of the box yet!! I need to clean my kitchen and do some re-organizing. 
Except for the carb snafu, everything is good. It is not going to snow today..just some late day showers. THANK GOD!!
I am off to eat my low carb breakfast and then some cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment