Thursday, February 17, 2011

Feels like Spring!

*282*

It is almost 60 deg F out today at 3pm. It has been a gorgeous and sunny day! I know it wont last though. Winter is still on the calendar so it could and probably will snow any day until and after March 20th. I was going to say that it was wonderfully peaceful here because Fred is at work, Chelsea is at work, and Natalie went to Boston for a few days......Chelsea just got home. Peace bubble has been busted! She is always noisy and always messy. She will huff and puff until I get off the computer.
  I have a few developments. One thing is I kinda did not take my insulin last night. The pens have to stay in the fridge until you use them the first time. Then you can leave them out of the fridge. So I leave mine in the upstairs bathroom. That way I do not have to worry about climbing the stairs if my feet are killing me. My whole body was killing me last night and I ran out of insulin in the pen. I usually would just bite the painful bullet and get a new one...but yesterday I just said Fuck it! I wanted to see what would happen today if I did not eat carbs without my insulin. And you know what? It is the same. It was about 170 this morning but all day long I have been checking and it has been under 110. ALL DAY! I have a feeling that I may not need the insulin anymore. But I am not going to do that right now.
I have a follow up appointment with my Endo..it has been awhile. I want to talk to him about the low carb eating and the insulin. I am always worried that I am going to have a low blood sugar crash. It scares me because a couple times it got really really low. I want to see what he says.  How I should handle the insulin intake and the pill intake for that matter! All these meds I take actually make you gain weight. So if he starts deleting some of these meds, it will make it easier for me to drop the poundage.
Baby steps though. He may tell me to take more insulin! Who know? I just know that for today, my blood sugar is normal and I am not worrying about having hypoglycemia.

Oh well, I enjoyed a couple hours of solitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment