Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to my 1st born!

 
*282*

Today is Chelsea`s 22nd birthday. She is at work today until 5pm. I picked up her vegan hummingbird birthday cake downtown. She wants to go to this vegan chinese place that is like 20 minutes away. Fred and I are going to starve. We cannot eat rice, pasta, noodles, or congee. All the food is vegan! No beef. No pork. No chicken or fish! HUNGRY!
I am already hungry. I have been running on coffee since 7am. I took Miss Birthday Woman to the DMV today to renew her state ID. It was in the same damn city we are going to for dinner tonight. I just do not want to go that far away. I am still sick as a dog, we have an older car, and it is going to be 10 deg F outside. She wont here of it. We MUST go or WE ruined her birthday.
It was never like this when I was a kid..you did not demand shit for your birthday. You got what you got. A cake (if you were lucky), a present, and dinner at home. Ta-Da!
I am not going to start being a bitter bitch. I am just ill and I do not want to have to drive. Fred will say he is too tired to drive...which is a lie. He needs glasses to drive at night but wont admit it.

I have not gone to the gym all week because of feeling like shit. But I am sticking to eating healthy. Last night I was on my own for food.
So I threw together a baby spinach salad with sweet onions, capers, sunflower kernels, and fried shrimp. I seasoned the shrimp in salt, pepper, garlic powder and corn starch (not breading)..and fried in veggie oil till lightly browned. I tossed it all together with a balsamic Dijon vinaigrette. It was really good and I was not hungry for the rest of the night!
I will try to be a gracious birthday slave. I really really will. I just wish sometimes they would make their father do some of the grunt work. I have to give you a bright note though. Fred told Natalie that she needed to help me while I was ill because I do sooo much for her. She cleaned the livingroom and washed all the dishes! Then she made me grilled cheese. Yes, bread but I was starving and she is starting out cooking. It is something she is already really good at! LOL
Maybe she will be my little helper as I get older and older.

No comments:

Post a Comment