Thursday, April 21, 2011

Plants and Ham and Diabetes and a busy day!


*281*

It has been a busy day so far so I figured I would regale  you with a list. Better than me blathering on for paragraph after paragraph.

7am: Bladder tells me it is time to get up. Back to bed for 40 more winks
10am: Fred is up getting dressed and I realized I have slept the morning away.
10:10am: Calling oil company to deliver 75 gallons of oil $300!!!! Because we are almost empty.
10:30: Online banking done, Electric bill check written.
10:45: Dressed and ready to go..I look like a frump and no coffee. Not a good start.
10:55 Dunkin Donuts!!
11:15am Bank...I totally glossed over the fact that today was payday because tomorrow is Good Friday. I feel a bit stupid but that is okay.
11:30: Post office for stamps so that I can mail electric bill. I usually do online sometimes.
11:45: Grocery store..did I forget to mention that Fred is with me and a constant source of entertainment.
12noon: The grocery store is busy. Ugh. I usually go at 8am on Friday when people are at work.
12:30: We decide to pick up Regular grinders for all of us for lunch since we did not have breakfast either. I hoovered it and not too proud.
12:45-1:25: Put groceries away, ate lunch, read newspaper online, checked Facebook
1:25: Drove Fred to work early for meeting.
1:40: Went to local plant place and picked up some annuals, bok choy, and red onions for the garden
2:00: Pharmacy for Vitamin E for neck scar, Easter candy, and stuff
2:20: Get home and called Dr office....

And basically that is where I wanted to stop the list. Remember when he took me off the Actos (diabetes pills) YAY! Well, it is not a good idea. No matter what I do, I cannot keep a steady sugar. If I put ONE HALF TEASPOON of sugar in my coffee...Spike! I basically cannot eat any carbs and that includes veggies. Which I cannot do. So he wants to see me next Wednesday about it. I have a fear that he is going to put me on insulin for meals. I do not want that! But what am I going to do if that is my only option.
  I planted my dianthus in the porch pots. I planted two large mounds of zucchini in the yard in two areas. And I planted these mystery veggie plant that Chelsea gave me this morning. I have some more annuals to plant but I might save those for tomorrow.
Ham is out of freezer and defrosting. I bought four bunches for collard greens that I have to clean. I am going to make my Easter bread tomorrow starting in the morning. I have to dye some of my eggs for the bread. They get dyed red. Something about Jesus and his blood..I think.

So that was my day. They are not usually that domestically exciting but it is a good day. I am in good spirits and health..regardless of what you all might think. I have a dollhouse to finish so badly. I wish I had more energy. I know it is the blood sugars. Once I get those under some good control, I can resume with all my plans. I just feel diabetes shitty on a daily. Those of you that have diabetes, know what I mean.

Okay, Waiting for Advil to kick in so that I can tackle the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment