Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cake ,Compost, and Cancer

*278*

This is gonna be a short one because it is cold and stormy so my hands hurt today. I hope my ass isnt getting arthritis..that would be the friggin cherry! Anyway, It is cold and I was in the mood to make something. When I am in the mood to make something, it usually means a dessert of some sort. Baking is my one true love...even above cooking. I asked Natalie and she said Cake! So I was in the grocery store this morning picking up some stuff for dinner, and I saw cake mix and frosting was on sale. Now I have not made box cake since Chelsea has been a Vegan..like 5 years. The canned frosting is Vegan (certain ones are) but none of the cakes. Since she has been hoovering thru my locally harvested eggs like they are going out of style..I decide I would do a Duncan Hines French Vanilla with Vanilla Frosting and this new chocolate dessert glaze. Makes like a ganache on top. It was on sale and cost me $1.25 so no biggie. I can make ganache but eh..I will cut some corners. I just had a piece. The cake is moist and yummy!
 I guess this isnt gonna be short..hehehe
  Chelsea has been trying to get me to compost for years but I have always been resistant. I do not want to piss off the neighbors with the stink. But I have realized that my soil needs to be amended..badly. It needs some fresh natural fertilizer to give it back some of it`s oomph. I am going to price those compost bins that you can spin. That way I can have it out on the back patio. I can spin it and add stuff to it and not worry about wild animals getting into it. I am going to go to the community garden maybe tomorrow and start working on my boxes. They need to be topped off with compost and peat. Then I can start the radishes and lettuce. I am also thinking of doing Tomatillos this year but that might happen here at the house. I only have so much room in the two beds. That is why I need to work at amending the soil.
This coming Thursday morning I go to have more of the skin cancer cut out from my throat. I hope hope hope she does it in such a way that does not leave a bad scar. I do not want an ugly scar on my neck. So it is not the cancer label that bothers me..it is my vanity. My vanity has been in hiding for years. I just was a Mom. I sacrificed for my kids. They got new cause they needed it, I had the same winter coat for 5 years. That is the way it goes. Well, I am taking back. I am going to the salon, I am getting pedicures, tattoos, dressing nicer...speaking of that. You all do know that I get all of my clothing (except undergarments and shoes) at Goodwill, Salvation Army and Yard sales (bazaars,  bag sales, white elephants.) And I hunt out clearance racks. I figured this was the only way that I could lose weight. If I felt good about myself in what I looked like, no matter what my size, it will motivate me to fit in those cute clothes that a size or two smaller that I could not leave on the racks.
So give a thought to me on Thursday and let us hope I will not have to get a tattoo to cover it up! ROFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment