Sunday, April 3, 2011

All alone

*281*

Not eating carbs is harder than you think. This is day one back on the wagon and all i do is think about them. It is like when I quit smoking! Not as bad but I recognize the symptoms. I had a good breakfast, lunch, and I just finished dinner. My sugars are back down to a normalish level today. It will get better as the days progress. Fred is at work, Chelsea is away for her job, and Natalie is upstairs watching a movie. So I am a bit bored. I have things I can do but I have no energy. I am missing the damn carbs. Off to the gym tomorrow morning..I hope. Period came today and I am hoping it is a light one this month. 
Tomorrow I am going to post the recipe for my pasta sauce. I guess I could do it now but I am going to be cooking it (Eggplant Parmigana) and I might do a step by step like I have done before. This is my Mother`s recipe that I have fiddled with. I am not going to do all the meats this time around because I am doing the eggplant. I could not find a lamb shank at grocer so I got a lamb loin instead. I will do some meatballs to flavor the sauce and Fred and I can eat them for lunch the next day.

What does it mean when you Vegan daughter starts frying eggs for her breakfast????? She told me she loves the local eggs that I get every week.  I think she is delving back into being just a vegetarian. I am not going to say anything cause it might spook her back into the Vegan side!  She ate baklava on Saturday too. I warned her it was full of butter. She ate two pieces.
I dont know. We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe she doesn't want to be vegan anymore? I wouldn't point it out to her, just ignore it.

    When my oldest tried to go vegetarian, I just made all of her favorite meals and that was enough to to thwart it. Not so lucky with the next child, but, she does eat her eggs and cheese. She recently spoke of eating tuna. I know she is not getting enough protein in her diet.

    A link for you, maybe this will help? Hubby is using it. http://www.glycemicindex.com/

    I'm looking forward to the recipe. :)

    Be kind to yourself, there will always be ups and downs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she gets plenty of protein and all her nutrients. She has been a vegan for 5 years (?). I think she is just craving those things she has been denying herself..like honey. I wont mention it. She has to really stay away from dairy because she is lactose and we both like soy milk and soy cheese..so that will probably always be. Thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete