Monday, April 25, 2011

Fat is depressing

*281*

I have been holding a bit back lately because it is depressing. I am already my own one woman pity party..I do not need to add to the strife of my life. But here goes...
The dentist told me that facts have found that diabetes does not make Periodontal disease worse but vice versa. So this crap in my mouth PLUS the no actos is making my life a sweet little piece of diabetic hell right here on Earth.
If I eat a slice of bread..and I am talking ANY kind of bread..My sugar spikes over 200. Same with sugar. I used to be able to put 1 teaspoon of sugar into my coffee. Nope. I have graduated to Agave Nectar but that seems to spike it too.
Eating low carb was an experiment to see how it goes..but I am slowly starting to realize that it is going to be my life from now on. It will drive me insane, you understand that dont you?
I have been able to deal with no pasta of any kind. I have had bread, rice, potatoes but in very limited amounts. Enough for YOU to say..hey she aint eating THAT much of it! It does not matter. I have to avoid it all. And I am sad about that.
There is no cure for periodontal disease. I have a Dr appointment on Wednesday because of my raised blood sugars. I fear he is going to put me on insulin all the time. So I will be saddled to that needle. Have to eat NOW because you have to take your shot NOW!
I wish this wasn't my life sometimes.

So...No candy, no sugar, no honey, no bread, no pasta, no rice, no potatoes, no root vegetables, no bananas, and basically no fruit or fruit juice at all.
Only Meat, fish, veggies, salads, proteins, and fats.

I am going to eat my last chocolate covered Peep in silence. *sniff*

No comments:

Post a Comment