Monday, April 11, 2011

Erma Bombeck was right!

*281*

I am not feeling well. One kid (22) made a complete mess of my art supplies searching for something for her job and now there is  a big mess. Did I mention they were MY art supplies? The other kid (17) took MY art paint (without asking) and decided she was going to paint the walls of her bedroom. The colors in her room were a nice blue with white trim. NOW we will have to completely re-paint the room before we can put the house on the market (which will be in years but you get my point). Neither one of them help with anything..housework, paying bills, cooking (veg cooks for herself and only herself), groceries, etc etc etc. The house is constantly in a mess and it reflects badly on me. Fred does laundry and cat litter. When he is in the mood, he will help out. So I am supposed to clean up after four adults! I have multiple disorders but it is MY fault when there is no bread in the house. I am sick of it! I am tired of being taken for granted on a daily basis. I never do enough.
The rug smells like pee..well help me take the dogs out!
The bathroom is dirty...HELP ME CLEAN IT!
We are out of milk, soap, toilet paper....Grrr!
They both come up with excuses and tears (temper tantrums) as to why they cannot and will not help. They do not help unless Fred says something and that does not last long cause he is not here.  I really want some help but I will never ever get it from them. Sometimes I think they do not like me very much..meaning they do not like me at all...Unless I have money.

Yup, that is how I feel most days. I have a feeling that lots of Moms (and Dads) feel this way. Plus you add on the fact that everything is more expensive and you have added stress. I want to have a nice day like the day I had my tattoo and pedi. There should be more Mom days like that. I am so not looking forward to Mother`s Day. I have not had many nice ones in a very long time. 2 years ago, all three of them completely forgot. No card, no breakfast, no plant, nothing. I actually did housework as they all laid around.
This is a pity post..I can feel it. I think it is because I am sick and tired (for real like physically) and the house is a stinking mess and people just lay around and ask the servant when the food is going to be done.
I want to run away......

3 comments:

  1. Sorry things are business as usual. I wish I had some good advice, but I don't. I was checking in to see how you are doing with your incision. Hope you feel better soon. Sounds like a lot of tough love may be needed, something I am not good at so good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to talk about it in my next post..it is doing better.

    I wish the economy was better so that I could give someone a push out the nest! She has a full time job but no living wage. Here in CT is just as bad as elsewhere to find more work. So I am a wimp in some respects but I am not cold hearted. None of her college educated friends can find work so getting a room mate is out for now. Thanks for saying something..I am just tired of all the bullshit.

    ReplyDelete