Monday, April 25, 2011

Allergies and Spring go hand in hand.

Maple tree in our yard
*281*

I was sitting in the chaise lounger (not as fancy as it sounds) in the yard with the dogs yesterday. I looked up and this is what I saw, so I grabbed my phone and took a picture. The leaves are just starting to emerge. I so wish that THIS particular branch could be cut off. It is the one that is shading the side yard. But the last time we had some neighbor dudes trim some branches ($150 for trim and take away!)..they determined it was too high for them. I understood. I wonder how much it would cost to have that one branch cut. It is HUGE, I know but it would make a huge difference. No more mossy grass. I have plenty of shade in the top yard for when it gets brutally hot out.
My allergies are kicking in. But it is not stopping me from getting some yard work and gardening done. I did quite a bit yesterday. I want to get some more leaves bagged today and trim all my rose bushes (I have 4). I have been taking Zyrtec since the beginning of the month but I forgot a couple days and now with the trees blooming..I need to take it every morning. I was never like this. My Dr told me that the older you get, the more prone to your allergies you get. Lovely!
 I love my house and my yard but I just cannot do everything I wish I could. If I had the money..I would get a new table with four comfy chairs with market umbrella (our wooden table is broken and needs to go to dump), 3 conifers planted next to our patio so the neighbors cant be so nosy, have a exterminator do a really thorough job of getting rid of the carpenter bees in our eave (been like that for 13 years, they are determined to stay), and enough money to redo the front walkway and make a walkway in the front of the house. These are things I think about when I walk around...Oh the house needs to be painted.
LOL
I am blathering on, arent I? I think it is cause my head is slowly filling with mucous. That is okay..I will survive.
Now, one more cuppa and then I am going to bag some leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment