Saturday, April 23, 2011

Collard Greens and Grand Theft Auto


*280*

It is a rainy day. Which is good because I have some plants and seeds planted out in the yard. They need a drink. Many egg hunts have been cancelled or brought indoors. If you read this today, Lowe`s Home Improvement is giving away a million trees today in honor of Earth Day. It is 9am now and I have not had my coffee. We will see if I make it or if there are any left.
 I have the collard greens to strip and clean today. I also have deviled eggs to make. Yummy! Love some Deviled eggs. I am going to take the ham out of the fridge to see how defrosted it has become. I  plan on planting the flowers for the porch pots today also. I will be under the cover of the porch so the rain wont get me.
 Our Jeep was stolen yesterday. We live in a city so crime is part of life. You lock your doors. You are vigilant of your surroundings. I have lived here my entire life so this is how life is. But how do you steal a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee rust bucket?? They did not have a key. It was stolen downtown when Fred was going to the barber. We went to the police station and made a police report. The police found it an hour later. It was a couple streets over. For a moment I thought maybe Fred was having early Alzheimer's. But there is no way he would park his car there and walk all that way to the barber when there are plenty of place to park closer by..and there were. So we had a little excitement yesterday. The Jeep is back in front of the house. I think I will take it to Lowe`s with me today to pick up a free tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment