Thursday, April 7, 2011

I will survive..heh heh!

*280*
Yup, that is my neck with my fat line, skin tags, and surgery site. I have big ole hoops in too. I love hoop earrings. I will probably wear them when I am old and grey.
It is a Squamous Cell Carcinoma. It is nothing to worry about. The only thing is I have to be vigilant with the sunscreen, start getting some hats to wear in the sun, and keep a close eye on my skin. From what I have read, Squamous tend to come back in the same vicinity. I am okay and the site does not hurt. There is one stitch that I have to go back and have removed..probably another co-pay for that!

I called the dermatologist of my dreams today. Remember back last month when I said that it would be August before I got in. I should have made an appointment then. New Derm patient (ME) has an appointment on October 17th. ROFL! I hope no new cancers pop up before then.  She is THE best in this area of our state and I wanna be her patient. I am 42 years old and have already started on the skin cancer train. This Derm now said that I was young to be having this pop up already. That is me, always an early bloomer. Boobs, period, and skin cancer! Oh Joy.

So I am going to putter around the house today and get some work done. Hopefully this spot wont hurt too bad when I have to clean it.

1 comment: