Saturday, March 26, 2011

When life gives you lemons....

Meyer Lemon
*281*

I am going to salt cure some Meyer Lemons that I bought yesterday. They can keep up to a year in the jar. I am pretty sure Chelsea and I can think of some great things to do with them.
Got a call from the Dermatologists office yesterday. That lesion cut off my neck is skin cancer. I have to go back on April 7th to have her do whatever to it, to make sure it is all gone. I am going to stress that I do not want some big ugly scar. She needs to be careful..it isnt like she is digging this out of my back or something. It is my throat, front and center!
 I was so hoping it was a pre-cancerous sun spot, because I want to drop this Dr like a bad habit and make an appointment with another one. The other one is wonderful but there is a waiting period until August for first appointment.  So I will just let her do what she has got to do, and be done with her ass.
The chick on the phone says it is a common skin cancer and I have to come in. As I am writing down the appointment, I ask her what it is called....this is so I can obsess about it online *smirk*. She again says, It is a common skin cancer. Umm! That is not telling me if it is Squamous Cell or Basal Cell. She blurted out something I could not comprehend and I just gave up. She did not say Melanoma! Melanoma is bad bad bad! So I did some reading.
If it is Basal cell that is the weakest of the three types. It wont kill you. But if you ignore them, they can be very disfiguring when they have to be removed. The other is Squamous Cell. That one is sort of like Basal with the disfiguring but you could actually die from them..that is if you like totally ignore them.  If I get another one of these fuckers, then the one of my face that was classified a pre-cancerous sun spot will have to be re-evaluated and maybe given a treatment because it has like 40% of coming back as cancer in that spot.
So this is where I am today. I am going to Spring clean, make Fried Chicken, and preserve some Meyer Lemons. Here is the link to the site that Chelsea sent me on how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment