Sunday, March 13, 2011

We need to stand up for ourselves


*279*

Remember when I was talking about last weekend and how Fred and I were going to take a stand? It did not happen. Not cause we chickened out but because one of the girls came down with something and was really sick that weekend. So we postponed the new world order. Fred has to work this weekend so we will do it next weekend..he has off. We want to have a family meeting that is not rushed because he has to go off to work.
So we are still gonna do this! I have not forgotten to tell you all. Oh, but I did take a stand on one thing. Natalie off the cuff said she wanted another piercing (rolling eyes) and without skipping a beat, I said, "I am not paying for any more piercings." She did not say a word and neither did I. I did not get into the no more tattoos either..that will come when they ask for it.
Last week there was a sale at Lane Bryant. We were all fitted and purchased the right sized bras. That was my last luxury that I spent on Chelsea. She will find that out next weekend.

MaryMary is much better today and I think I might go to the gym. I say might because today was the SPRING FORWARD of our clocks. I am kinda coma like this morning. Plus I have some yard work I can do instead that will be just as beneficial to my body. Leaves to rake and bag, rocks to move, branches to snap and tie, and I have a path to build in the yard. I have been putting it off forever, but now that I am better.. I am gonna do it this Spring.

Okay, more coffee to wake up and then change clothes.

I think I will go to the gym anyway.

3 comments:

  1. How old are your girls, Heidi?

    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea is 22 yrs (Feb) and Natalie is 17 yrs (Oct).
    I think I am still on the mindset of back when you moved out of the house when you became an adult. Oldest has got a good job but not a living wage. They are trying to get more grant money so they can raise her pay..crossing fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, my girls are 19 and 18 and the boy is 17.

    I hear that, but, with today's economy, sadly that isn't the case. :( I'll cross my fingers for her as well. :)

    ReplyDelete