Thursday, March 24, 2011

I am coming around the bend

*281*
I am alive! Alive!!!


Got my appetite back but I still feel funky. My head and body are still kind of flu-ey. I really need to take a shower also. I will do that after I finish up here. This virus really got a hold of my ass, shook me hard, and dropped me on my head. The pain in the gut was the worst. It was not just your stomach that hurt. It was like your intestines hurt too. If you can actually feel them. I feel like I am repeating myself but I am sick so I get those liberties. HA!
  I do not think I will make it back to the gym until this weekend..probably on Sunday morning. I did not lose a huge amount of weight but it is now steady at 279-281. Has not gone up any higher than that. My blood sugar went high with the soup so I am going to be a good dooby and not eat any more carby pasta. I enjoyed it to the hilt! I needed it. I had not eaten correctly and I was dizzy. hehehe I will keep trying to convince myself that it was the right thing. BUT! That soup that I posted yesterday, New Years Noodle Soup, was fabulous! I will definitely make it again in the Fall and Winter. Really hearty with all the beans in it. I think next time, I will cook the pasta separate (like I did) but leave it in a pot and add it in to each individual bowl. That way, I do not have to have any. You can toss your pasta with a little bit of oil (olive is best) to avoid it from sticking together.

I got that DVD from Netflix with the exercises for the big silver exercise ball we have. I want to keep the tape for a week or two. Practice all the moves and then return it. Then I can use the ball at home when I do not go to the gym. It will be good for my balance and my gut. I can tell that my stomach muscles are strengthening because I can suck my gut in! I have not been able to do that in a year. I always could hold in the gut but once you get to a certain point, the muscles do not work anymore. So your gut just sticks out there. Now I can suck it in again. I have noticed I have been unconsciously sucking my gut in and out. This is GOOD. If you cant make it to the gym, this is just as good for strengthening your core muscles. You gotta have your core strong (stomach, chest, and back).
 I am going to play some Zuma Blitz (addicted!) and then go relax in the bed after a nice hot shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment