Monday, March 21, 2011

Saltine crackers are bad bad bad!


*280*

I am raising my blood sugar as I type. I woke up feeling like utter shit this morning. Ugh. I did it to myself.  Fred went to Providence yesterday with his friend to pick up some wienies and coffee milk from this place called Olyneville NY System. If you watch Diners, Drive ins, and Dives OR you live in the CT, RI, MA area..you have heard of it. Fred used to get wienies there when he was a kid in the summer visiting his Mother. Oh RI calls them wienies..NOT hot dogs. They are unusual red hot dogs with hot dog chili, onions, and I think celery salt on a bun.
Anyhoo..I ate 3 wienies and the coffee milk (which was still fucking cold I might add!) I paid the piper my friends..I paid!  I raised my blood sugar AND made myself sick as a dog. The feeling of wanting to puke has been on me ALL DAY today!
So here I sit, eating Saltines. Of course these are no better for my blood sugar but I will drink plenty of water and my dinner will be carb free (except for the salad). The crackers are helping.
 I have a real addiction to saltines. I can never eat one or two. It is always the whole sleeve. I am not like that with other types of crackers either. I can have a box of Ritz in the house and never eat one. This box of Saltines has been in the house less then a week..I am almost done with this sleeve in front of me. When I was younger, I was a weirdo. I would spread margarine on Saltines. Oh and peanut butter and jelly. Fred knows how to win my heart/stomach when I am sick in bed but want something  good and sweet that we do not have. Saltines with pb and J.

I did not go to the gym all weekend. I did go on Friday though with Natalie. Today of course NO. I will go tomorrow morning though. I have been really doing good. My weight this morning was 278 but I will keep it at 280 for now because I want to wait until it is a steady weight loss.
Do not worry about me. My sugars will go up in the upper 200s but not any higher. I keep an eye. I know it is not a good thing to do but my stomach ache is gone. Tums did not help me but the ole Saltine did!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, sweetie! :(

    I think I saw that episode with the weiners with celery salt, I was thinking what???

    I hope you feel better, tomorrow is another day. :)

    I love saltines and butter. I won't say what I've been told about it, since it's not PC. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saltines and butter are NOT politically correct?? Hmm. Never heard that one and I bet you can tell..I have heard just about everything.
    Blue Bonnet and Saltines. What a memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that they aren't pc, but what I've heard them called isn't. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will raise my hand and tell you that I too love Saltines and Brummel and Brown spread. I usually have half a sleeve to calm a bout of heartburn before bed. Every once in awhile isn't bad. I also get the hint of salt ones. Now I feel like I should stand up and say, hi, my name is MuserMommy and I am addicted to Saltines, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL!
    It is hereditary I tell you. I would come home and my mom would have Saltine crumbs down the front of her shirt. TV snack!
    It is okay if you do not have diabetes..then you just are making your sugar go up high cause of your love of the crunch.
    That is why I feel guilty and I do not buy them all the time.
    We should have a secret Saltine Lovers Society. hehehe

    ReplyDelete