Sunday, July 31, 2011

Strawberry Sunday





*27??* <---I need to buy a new scale.

I have been blackberry picking for the past two weeks. I have access to two places where you can pick blackberries. Both are legal to me to pick at and both a being neglected..meaning nobody is picking the freaking berries! They are blackberries people! They are one of the most expensive berries in the store!
Oh well. I do not give a fuck. I have got almost a whole large ziploc bag full of frozen blackberries. I am going to make jam with them. I was thinking I would make Strawberry jam today though. I have enough to do it and I picked up my pectin and lemons yesterday. It is a bit hot and humid but I want to do it. It is rewarding really. You have all those beautiful jars of strawberry red laid out in front of you. It is wonderful.
I still have more blackberries to pick before I am ready to can those into jam. I have never done blackberry but it is probably not as much different then strawberry. I will find a proper recipe for it so I do not ruin all the hard work so far of picking each and ever fully ripe berry! LOL You see those red ones? You have to wait until they are black like the center one.
I went out yesterday to pick so I will not go out until maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. Give them some time to ripen. It is a pain in the ass. I wish it was just easy. All ripen at once so I could pick to my heart`s content. I am catching skin cancer out there so I can make lovely jam for my family and friends. I am being nuzzled by Milo as I am typing this. He is such a sweet Ginger boy. He loves to lovingly harrass you while you are on the computer. Does not matter who it is. He was the best choice out of the whole litter.
I need to make an appointment for Lu to get her last summer cut. Nice and short. I also have to fork over some more cash for the flea treatment. It worked sooo well on all of them.  I have seen some itching going on so I know it is time.
Boy this blog is fucking boring. All I talk about is what I am gonna do, what I have done, What I am thinking of doing and the lives of the living things in my house. Boring! Nothing spicy is going on here except the heat outside. LOL
Speaking of spicy..I am going to make tomatillo salsa today. I do not know if I am going to can it though. I will have to see. I will post recipes like I usually do if any of you are interested.
Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment