Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Saturday...meaning yesterday.

My first broccoli plant
*277*

Look at that broccoli! I should have went to the garden on Thursday like I was thinking about it but I didnt..so the broccoli has a few flowers. That is okay. I will pick them off and cook the tough bastards for dinner tonite! I have never grown broccoli before. I am so proud! I only planted one plant so that is all there is. Next time I will plant 2 or 3.
Yesterday was very productive. Natalie and I went to the gym. We did 20 minutes on the stair climber with more incline and resistance! It was killer. My feet were screaming but I kept it up till the timer stopped. Then I did all the machines for my stomach and back. I am okay today! LOL
 We went to the community garden so that I could water and harvest and weed. Weeds are prolific this season.
Looking good!


I even harvested a couple of my dark green tomatoes. I do not remember the names of them but they do not turn red. When they are dark green, they are ready. Aren`t those marigolds divine?
Today I am going to cook the broccoli with dinner. I think I have a lemon....
 Then we got the car loan paperwork in the mail so we just had to go to all the area dealerships to drool over cars with the benefit of the salesmen NOT tripping all over us. I have to admit it...looking at vehicle after vehicle is gets really boring after awhile. And it was humid out so I was sweating. Not my idea of a fun afternoon.
We then took the girls for Thai food at night. They paid their way..Thank God. There is not going to be alot of fun times to be had by all after this car is bought.
So that was my Saturday. I did not do any yard sales like I wanted but I did get much done anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment