Saturday, October 8, 2011

Shrimp can kill!!!!






*122* <----I am a svelte 122 until I replace the damn scale!


How do I start this posting?

Chelsea and Natalie and I had a great day yesterday. Nat and I got up at O`dark 30 and headed to DMV to get her state ID. She will get a drivers license but we feel she should get a job first and help pay for the mandatory expensive assed classes. It was quick. The place was surprisingly dead. They were going to close at 1230pm cause of the holiday weekend. I promised Nat breakfast, so we went to Ed`s Creamery in Montville. We talked and chowed down. It was good! Then it was off to the cider mill. I want to bring a sampling of some of the local yummies with me when I go to Philly/NJ in November..plus we all wanted some damn cider. I cannot drink alot of it because of the diabetes but I did get my cider slushy. Yes, they make sweet cider slush..OMG! I had a good morning with my youngin. Do not worry. I knew I was going to drink it, so I had insulin first off.
After the morning traipsing around was done,  I came home to see Fred off to work, get the mail, and waited for Fedex to drop off new cable for the laptop. After I am done here, I am going to order a new battery also. Then I asked Chelsea if she wanted to go with me to run some more errands. I brought her to get a sandwich, my ginger snap,  and we were off. We had a good afternoon. We did not get snippy with each other. We tend to butt heads because (fred says) we are so much alike. She was telling me about her projects with the Garde Arts and her plans for the non-profit she and her friends want to build. I am very impressed with my older daughter. She is unemployed at the moment (state funding cuts) and she never went to college, but she broadens her mind every day.
   I had to decide on dinner and also go grocery shopping. (gotta remember the hamburger is in the fridge to be tagged and bagged).I HATE walking around the grocery store with no clue what is for dinner.  I was going to make Buffalo Chicken Dip but I decided to get the ingredients and make it this weekend cause my honey has the weekend off. Good, I got those ingredients but now I could NOT decide. Chelsea suggest shrimp curry. We would make the veggie curry together. She would use some with her vegetarain chicken and I would use some gorgeous jumbo shrimp that was on sale this week. (Stop and Shop for my local readers) They were big! And delicious.
  We cook the curry together. It had tomato sauce, coconut milk, cumin, curry, smidge of cayene, sweet potato, onion, garlic, broccoli and green onions. It smelled amazing. I cooked some soba noodles, seasoned the shrimp and heated thru and served myself my dinner. I put the leftovers in a container for lunch today.
I finished it and went up to watch tv and go online. I do not know how long it took for me to really realize I was itching but it started with my scalp, then face, arms, chest, back, and when it felt hot..I was like WTF?
I went into the bathroom. My chest, neck and face were beat red and I had welts on my chest and back. Fred was at work and only Chelsea was home. She said I could not go to ER by myself. She and I decided that if Rite Aid was open, I would ask the pharmacist. But it was closed. So off to the ER I went. Nat and Raymond were freaking out so they said they were going to meet us at the hospital too. Luckily, Fred was let go for the night (it was dead) and he got my message. So he was waiting for me when I got there. The instant I told the receptionist I am having a reaction to shrimp...my ass was whisked away to observation. I had a Dr, her assistant, and nurses swarming me and asking me questions. They said that as they talked to me, the welts and rash were spreading. My throat was sore too. I was lucky I did not go to Rite aid first. They were worried I would go into anaphaltic shock. But I didnt. Usually you have to stay in the ER for observation for 4 hours. FUCK! But I only had to stay for three because whatever they gave me worked. I have a epipen to fill (script) and I have to stay away from all seafood until I see an allergist.

Smells like shit in here!
They put me in a bed next to a guy that just had a heroine overdose. He is what you call in the ER as a frequent flyer. Everyone knew him and knew him well. He slept mostly...loud ass snoring and talking. Then they would give him some more Narcan and he would wake up. Fuck! Let the motherfucker sleep! He would not shut the fuck up. He had arm and leg restraints because he tends to be combative. Great. I could be dying from yummy assed shrimp and I have to deal with this shit now.
The nurse got a male colleague and they decided it was time to change this dude into a hospital gown. The dude had pissed himself AND shit himself. Once they opened that disgusting package, the whole place reaked. He kept fucking talktalktalking the whole time. Then they wanted to use a catheter on his ass to get a urine sample. I knew there was going to be a throw down if they did that. By then, Fred was with me and he was laughing his ass off at the stuff the dude was saying.
Honestly, I just wanted to go home. We did get visits from some workers we had not seen in a long time and Fred`s buddy Freddy showed up to entertain us for a bit while he cleaned the ER. I told everyone I had some yummy leftover Shrimp curry in the fridge..are you interested? LOL Fred said HELL NO. Him and Freddy both said they wanted Shrimp Curry but not THAT shrimp curry. Oh, I forgot..the nurses and Dr kept asking me if I ate this in a restaurant and I said no, my daughter and I cooked it. They looked shocked. Is it shocking to make curry in your own home??
 It is a holiday on Monday (Columbo day) so I will call the Dr office on Tuesday and get this shit set up.
I am not sad but I think it will hit me later. No shellfish. (If that is what truly made me break out)
My love of Oysters has just started! How unbelievably unfair is that??
Okay..I am going to drink my coffee and take over this laptop today. I have not been on it in 3 whole days cause people were hogging it. MineMineMine!

*When we got home, Fred went right to the fridge and dumped the curry and washed the bowls, he loves me*

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! What a time you have had!

    Can I have the recipe for the curry? I won't make it with shrimp! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh! What a drag! Is it normal for an allergy to show up at our age? Maybe you will learn it's something else I hope. I would miss seafood too. Maybe it's the curry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. It was the shrimp. Fred told me the nurse had a list. Everytime I mentioned an ingredient, she shook head no until I said shrimp. It can happen later in life and it sucks. I love seafood.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently, your body's chemistry changes every seven or so years, so you can suddenly become allergic to something.

    Seafood, nuts, strawberries, pineapples are just a few of the things on the list of most common food allergens.

    And there ends our lesson for today. *snorts*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw man that sucks ass. I LOVE shrimp and I cannot imagine life without it.

    PS: Pass the recipe, please.

    ReplyDelete