Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ovens that clean themselves! Oh, and a snowstorm in October.



No snow yet. Just lots of rain. It is a cold one. I turned the thermostat onto 60 deg F. If it gets cold enough, it will kick on. I think it is too warm here near the shore. I think we may see some flakes but it will just be a rain event for us here. It better be. I have to go out later at 6pm to pick up Chelsea downtown. She is volunteering and gets to see a show at the local playhouse. $70 admission for free.
 Chelsea got the job at the library! She found out today. She has to go in Monday to fill out her paperwork and then on Wed, Thur, and Friday she will train. She will be working in the children`s section as the librarian`s assistant. They wanted some fresh blood in the place. A younger and fresher outlook on how to get more kids into the library. She can work up to 19 hours a week and she has to work two Saturdays a month. She is happy. I am glad she finally found a job in the area that she has been working in..kids.
 Natalie might get a job too. She turned 18 yesterday. Today her friend is going to talk to the big boss (who he is friendly with) to give Natalie a chance to get a job at the local grocery store in our area. He also wants to transfer to the same store for the winter so he doesnt have to drive the long distance to his current location. I hope she gets it. She will have her own money to buy what she wants.
   I am in the midst of cleaning the oven. I sprayed it with cleanser on the inside and wiped all the grease and bits down, let it dry, and I just turned on the self cleaning mode about 10 minutes ago. The house smells horrendous. I was keeping an eye because we had a mishap with our old stove last year. I used self cleaning and a fire started in the oven. It was a small fire, and I was able to turn off the oven and it died down rather quickly. But it scared the shit out of me. So I am leery of self cleaners. I had learned my lesson though. You wipe out all the grease on walls and floor of stove and any bits. Those are what catches fire.
 Fred is off to work, Chelsea is gone till 6pm, and Natalie is taking a nap from last night`s partying. She said this was the best birthday ever. I am glad.
 I also am glad that I have a piece of her chocolate cake with some chocolate chip ice cream next to me. Home made. I even made butter cream frosting.
Okay, Let me die from the fumes from the oven and eat my cake.
Hope you do not have any snow either!!

4 comments:

  1. YAY Chelsea !! so glad to hear about the job!!!!
    Glad Natalie had a nice birthday. You are such a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold Rainy/snowy day good day to clean the oven but the smell is nasty now you will tempted to bake something that smells nice like pot roast or banana bread or ginger bread or cinnamon rolls. Fun to dream I'll be working. Golly girls with jobs what could be better?! And nice jobs no one is stripping or hauling trash. Nothing wrong with those but just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made it home safe.
    I am going to be carving pumpkins and then roasting the seeds today. Nice and messy.

    I have no clue what is for dinner. Natalie is so damn picky. She wont venture out into new food or to get her own damn food. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You say this pumpkin seed project is going to be messy? I'm not sure I'm hot for this idea anymore. I don't care for messy.

    ReplyDelete