Tuesday, October 25, 2011

NO!

It seems to be the word I say the most lately. No to Ruby. No to the girls. No to bills. No. No. No. I am rather sick of the word but it sure as heck gets my point across.
No! Don't chew those shoes!
No! We can't order Thai food!
No! I cannot afford that prescription!
I have had a lot of shit go down lately. It has humbled me to the fact that it could be worse.
I don't have computer right now, but if I put one on layaway, I will have one. Many people are on unemployment and losing their homes. Puts shit into perspective for me. I am not looking forward to Christmas because buying gifts will be hard. Some will be homeless for Christmas.
This is not turning into a downer post. I am trying to show myself that despite the shittiness, we have it pretty ok. Now I need to really read my frugal books to start working on that. There may be some things I am not ready to give up yet. I did cancel my weekly egg delivery. I was paying $8 a week on 2 dozen fresh vegetarian fed chicken eggs. They are wonderful. I just can't see spending that when eggs can be bought for $1 a dozen.
Would I be willing to say no to other things? Cable? Netflix? Cellphone? I don't know if I can say no to those things....yet. can you?
I will just sit here contently with my Android and my ginger Milo in my arms and enjoy the warmish October weather.


4 comments:

  1. We just said no to netflix movie deliveries. We are redboxing it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am ready to get rid of the mailed DVDs too. I will have one more sent and then I will call and cancel it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still seriously thinking of cancelling the Directv. It went up to $47 a month. Fuck that shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those eggs must have been a real treat. I think cable is one of the biggest rip offs.

    ReplyDelete